• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pediwear - disappointing delays, twice

Walter4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
Will pediwear still price match with Plal now that they won't ship international?

They did about a month ago. Also, Plal agreed to ship to me then as well, so even though they say they aren't shipping international any longer, seems that they still might. But pediwear (while sometimes a bit slow) has terrific service and I would wholeheartedly recommend them.

trader

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
Ordered my C&J Lowndes from Pediwear March 8th, bit of back and forth about sizing, shipped March 12th. So far so good.
I ordered Lowndes from pediwear the 11th of March. Still waiting..... They did honor a plal price match from January which was nice I guess. meh I ordered suede belgraves from bodileys last friday and they were shipped today (thursday). meh I guess I'm just used to ordering things and having them shipped by the next day. I ordered edgware from edwards last year and I received them that week.

thefreeman

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows how the Royal Mail tracking system works, and if they actually change the message when it's been shipped, rather than simply saying it's been passed to the Overseas department for delivery.

Walter4

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Walter4
They did about a month ago. Also, Plal agreed to ship to me then as well, so even though they say they aren't shipping international any longer, seems that they still might. But pediwear (while sometimes a bit slow) has terrific service and I would wholeheartedly recommend them.

Update: I just inquired about a price match yesterday, and they agreed to match it. So as of now, pediwear still match.

gilwood

Reaction score
I'm looking at a pair of C & J Shoes from Pediwear. If I price match with Plal who has them for 1299 MYR = 407 USD = 266 GBP. Then I have to pay 19 GBP for Shipping = 29 USD. So total is $436. Does anyone know if I have to pay the 3% currency exchange if I use amex??

upnorth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All C&J shoes are shipped free. I don't understand the need to price match benchgrades. They end up being more expensive. Remember that when PLAL used to ship to US, they charge MYR100 for per shoe for benchgrades.

ippykaye

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster. I received my C&J Lowndes today, 23th April. I ordered back on 8th April.

Given the reputation of Royal Snail Mail and the volcano ash/airspace closures, not too bad!

Fantastic shoes btw. These are my first, and definiteley won't be my last.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thefreeman
I'm wondering if anyone knows how the Royal Mail tracking system works, and if they actually change the message when it's been shipped, rather than simply saying it's been passed to the Overseas department for delivery.

Are you in the US? You can use the tracking number on the USPS site. Of course it's rather hit & miss as to tracking updates.

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gilwood
I'm looking at a pair of C & J Shoes from Pediwear. If I price match with Plal who has them for 1299 MYR = 407 USD = 266 GBP. Then I have to pay 19 GBP for Shipping = 29 USD. So total is $436. Does anyone know if I have to pay the 3% currency exchange if I use amex??

I am actually looking into to buying a pair of tetbury's from Pediwear. I know amex charges me when i make purchases while traveling abroad. Would this also happen when purchasing online, from a non US based store?

-LR

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ljrcustom
I am actually looking into to buying a pair of tetbury's from Pediwear. I know amex charges me when i make purchases while traveling abroad. Would this also happen when purchasing online, from a non US based store?

-LR

if you are charged in foreign currency you will be marked for 3% forex conversion

my last order with pediwear was for in-country shipping.... order confirmed at 10am, shoes arrived at 10am next morning
worship.gif

osc

Reaction score

-LR

Yes, I believe it's about 2.5% additional to what the exchange rate is on that day (in AMEX favour, of course)

ljrcustom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by osc
Yes, I believe it's about 2.5% additional to what the exchange rate is on that day (in AMEX favour, of course)

Thanks for the info. Those bastards at amex get me every time.

-LR

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Those bastards at amex get me every time.

-LR

Capital One does not have any fees for international purchases
fistbump.gif

Reaction score
I visited the Pediwear store today in Halifax and was really impressed by their service. I was looking for some black oxfords and we quickly ruled out anything on C&J 348 as I already have the Westbourne and for my second pair of black C&Js I thought it would be too much of the same.

I eventually settled on the Wembley, which sadly they didn't have in my size (they had a brown version in stock but not black). They offered to order a pair to the store or ship them out to me free of charge. I opted to purchase online just to save the lovely assistant (Siobhan) the work. In terms of price matching, I emailed David last week who said they would price match Plal.com.

Despite not buying anything in the store, I'd really recommend them purely level of customer service I experienced.

Walter4

Reaction score
Lovely people, great service, sometimes there are delays (but I don't think likely the fault of Pediwear). If you MUST have them asap, maybe not ideal, but with the price match and their service, I really like to support the store.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads