• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Over 45 and clubbing; what to wear?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
neon green or yello and a tie??? wtf......

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
25398-old_guy_babes.jpg
It's good to see Rube smiling again.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
You're 45 and clubbing lol. I'm 17 and already sniffing blow, I tell my friends it's asthma every time I itch my throat.
Originally Posted by Reginald Bartholomew
I'm bad milk. Drink it.
This ***** know dick like bubba know shrimp.

unionjack

Reaction score
i am curious too.due to work i usually end up in a club wearing my work attire. any tips on what to wear during these occations?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by unionjack
i am curious too.due to work i usually end up in a club wearing my work attire. any tips on what to wear during these occations?

yeah...go home and change or stay home!

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't know why but a neon green or yellow shirt just sounds awesome to me. Where could I get one?

homefloyd

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Farmgate
I am over 45 and look about 39, slim and fit, and will be clubbing in NYC, Toronto and other cities this spring and summer. As much as I like stylish clothing for clubs, I am aftraid I will look like "that guy" who just couldn't let go... I saw them all the time in the mid-seventies, when I was young: the long sideburns, the Beatle hair and bell bottom dress pants. Anyway I don't want to be that guy. I was thinking that a real slim and fitted suit, and impecable shirt of neon green or yellow, and a tie would look better than jeans and a button down. That would be stylish without appearing to be an under cover agent. The clubs play mostly hip hop, techno.
a well tailored suit is the best idea. DO NOT WEAR SOMETHING NEON GREEN/YELLOW or anything over the top. WEAR VERY NICE SHOES ... DO NOT WEAR BEAT UP SHOES UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. in fact, go buy new shoes ... something by dior homme, gucci, guidi or sf (if you are going on the cheap). the trick is to look like your not trying to hard. good luck and take pics if you get some 19 year old pooh-pooh ... and ALWAYS know who you are accepting drugs from
smile.gif

cmrocks

Reaction score
I hope that you're going to an age appropriate nightclub. If that's the case, I'd recommend dark grey dress pants and a slim, dark colored dress shirt. Just make sure you get the pieces from a brand that is a bit fashion forward so it doesn't look like you're wearing office clothes.

I'm much younger than you are but, when I go out, I often wear a navy shirt with subtle stripes tucked into charchol dress pants with black shoes and a belt. I've never felt out of place even at dive bars. You just need the confidence to look natural in whatever you are wearing.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
oh yeah, one more thing ... TAKE OFF/OUT YOUR GOLD RINGS/WATCH/CHAINS/TEETH.

okay, im done.

Kingstonian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just dress like Silvio Berlusconi. Classic Italian style. Age does not bother him.

Good Luck. You are only as old as the woman you feel. Bunga Bunga.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think this thread is beyond sad....OP needs to reevaluate his life.

Harper

Reaction score
Apparently I'm that guy. I'm in your boat but I have no issues at all with it. I wear jeans and a buttown down shirt in the winter - jeans/polo shirt in the summer. If you're really concerned about how you're perceived just choose clubs with "tight doors". Once you're in (assuming you can get in) people will assume you must have something going on aside from being a pervy 40 something in a club.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads