• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

schraiber

Reaction score
Anyone got the 60s Painter Pants in ecru? Trying to figure out how much stretch in the waist I could expect. My slim fit fatigues, which I got in a 3, stretched a ton, and I'm a little traumatized. Based on measurements I think I should get a 3 in the painter pants, but want some thoughts from others.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the fatigue shirt is still made in Japan?
S&S indicate so, and concerning them, are their measurements considered accurate?
Thanks

DaveBee

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that the fatigue shirt is still made in Japan?
S&S indicate so, and concerning them, are their measurements considered accurate?
Thanks
I think some stores are still catching up with the transition to China.

The site I bought my M65 said made in Japan but when the jacket arrived, it was made in China.

I e mailed the store to tell them I was rather disappointed and was expecting a made in Japan product. They said they only just found out about the made in China products and have amended their website accordingly.

zranger102797

Reaction score
Yeah, we heard some good perspectives on the thread, but I won’t be buying any more orSlow brand new as a result of the transition to China. It’s not even so much about me being able to notice a drop-off in quality - it’s about the fact that I have a limited opportunity to add new pieces to my wardrobe, and when I do so, it is imperative to me to support companies who are manufacturing ethically and not in China. I want to see more ethical manufacturing, and so I’ll be supporting brands who stand by that ethos, such as De Bonne Facture for example or any of the other awesome made in Japan brands.

95tuanle

Reaction score
Are they made in Japan or China?
I must admit, my £600 M65 made in China jacket is covered in loose and extra stitching.
They are made in China. It’s more of that the two panels are offset…

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fatigue Pant Q: If I own the slim fit in Size 3, and they are a great fit, tho I use one tab b/c they are on the looser waist fit, what's the POV on the regular fit? Stay w/ 3 and use tab(s)? Or got o 2?
I ask in part b/c I own a couple pairs of French Work Pant, and in those I wear a 2; the 3 was way too loose. I really love the fit on these. TIA..

nachobarro

Reaction score
in my experience the regular fit fatigues are smaller in the waist than the slim fit. definitely don't get a 2
Yes, they have an smaller waist but the rise is longer, so they sit in the actual waist rather than the hips.

The fit is very different compared to the slim fit fatigues, much more classic and wide. I think they look good with more preppy outfits and tucking the tops.

I wear size 3 in both models.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fatigue Pant Q: If I own the slim fit in Size 3, and they are a great fit, tho I use one tab b/c they are on the looser waist fit, what's the POV on the regular fit? Stay w/ 3 and use tab(s)? Or got o 2?
I ask in part b/c I own a couple pairs of French Work Pant, and in those I wear a 2; the 3 was way too loose. I really love the fit on these. TIA..
A third for sticking with the same size. I take 3 in both

St. Anger Snare Tone

Reaction score
Are their jeans moving to MiC as well? Keen to grab a pair of MiJs in the dregs of the Boxing Day sales if so, as I don’t fancy paying the old price for the Chinese made stuff (which would have been fine but seems like some people have had QC issues already)

ScottyK

Reaction score
Are their jeans moving to MiC as well? Keen to grab a pair of MiJs in the dregs of the Boxing Day sales if so, as I don’t fancy paying the old price for the Chinese made stuff (which would have been fine but seems like some people have had QC issues already)
The 101 Rigids I got a few months ago are still made in Japan, so it says.

Junglejack

Reaction score
The 101 Rigids I got a few months ago are still made in Japan, so it says.
Ditto the 107s I got during Ron Herman’s OOB sale. Still cannot believe so much production has moved considering an outline of Japan is on their logo and that same outline is on my reverse weave hoodie and a t-shirt.

This was a brand built on being Japanese. While I have no doubt construction constraints are real, there are other options that have thus far not had to move construction. Really have been digging on UES and when purchasing directly from them, the prices are really fair.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads