• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: 107 did not work out. Size 3 was great in waist and around the crotch but too tight in legs. Size 4 was too much material around the crotch I hate when that happens. I will try 105 now, still afraid leg opening might be a deal breaker. But on the other hand my legs are just to strong from 10+ years of lifting that most of tapered denim just doesn't work for me. Always need to try way too many models and brands when I am looking for a new pair.
Also Army shirt size 4 works in shoulders, but it it too long and ad also wide in the body. Maybe it just doesn't work for me. I might try size 3 when I have the chance. I am starting to think that maybe OrSlow is just a brand that doesn't work for me. Will keep you updated.

I had to size up 1 for even the 105s to get the legs to fit. They do taper a little but not as much as the 107s.

undertheskin

Reaction score
Looking at grabbing an Orslow 1950 Coverall jacket and wanted to check in on other people's experience on the sizing.

I'm inbetween a S-M (5'7" 160lb) and was debating between a 2 or a 3. Any helps on fit would be great!

don't know if it helps you but i'm 6'4" and 190lbs and wear a size 4 in the 1950s coverall (same size as jungle jacket). i found the size chart and pics from meadow to be a great help.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: 107 did not work out. Size 3 was great in waist and around the crotch but too tight in legs. Size 4 was too much material around the crotch I hate when that happens. I will try 105 now, still afraid leg opening might be a deal breaker. But on the other hand my legs are just to strong from 10+ years of lifting that most of tapered denim just doesn't work for me. Always need to try way too many models and brands when I am looking for a new pair.
Also Army shirt size 4 works in shoulders, but it it too long and ad also wide in the body. Maybe it just doesn't work for me. I might try size 3 when I have the chance. I am starting to think that maybe OrSlow is just a brand that doesn't work for me. Will keep you updated.
UPDATE: 105 year 2 wash size 3 fit is perfect in the waist and legs. If I keep them will have to get them shortened and hemmed. 1 wash 105 is definitely going back because it is "too blue" and not so much dark indigo as I hoped for. I must say even 2 year wash is not really my favorite color as it is something between light blue wash and dark blue wash. So maybe OrSlow is just not for me. I will sleep it over but atm I am thinking about trying Natalino denim as their light blue wash looks better in color and it is also made in Japan.

Junglejack

Reaction score
Would recommend checking out Farfetch as they have a 30% off sale going on (at MSRP) but a few OrSlow items are priced far lower than they should be.

Ordered the denim western shirt and a t-shirt that after adding a pointless hat to reach the $200 minimum for free shipping broke down to $115 for the shirt and $53 for the t-shirt. Rare to find OrSlow that discounted and guessing it might be an error as the actual website that sold the shirt has it for $285. The t-shirt goes for $115.

henrip

Reaction score
Would recommend checking out Farfetch as they have a 30% off sale going on (at MSRP) but a few OrSlow items are priced far lower than they should be.

Ordered the denim western shirt and a t-shirt that after adding a pointless hat to reach the $200 minimum for free shipping broke down to $115 for the shirt and $53 for the t-shirt. Rare to find OrSlow that discounted and guessing it might be an error as the actual website that sold the shirt has it for $285. The t-shirt goes for $115.
Thanks for this! Found a pair of Paraboots -30%

Donut

Reaction score

Thanks for flagging this. Got a new 50's coverall for the same price as it would be to proxy a used one! Will have to post pics when it arrives.

Junglejack

Reaction score
Thanks for flagging this. Got a new 50's coverall for the same price as it would be to proxy a used one! Will have to post pics when it arrives.
That rocks! That jacket is great. My problem is I live in Hawaii (maybe not a problem) so I have to head towards the mountains or kinda Waimea to ever have a plausible need to wear one. Had to add the trooper fatigue shirt as the army fatigue shirt is kinda hard to wear most of the time.

Retri

Reaction score
That rocks! That jacket is great. My problem is I live in Hawaii (maybe not a problem) so I have to head towards the mountains or kinda Waimea to ever have a plausible need to wear one. Had to add the trooper fatigue shirt as the army fatigue shirt is kinda hard to wear most of the time.

Get the "Kinari denim" ecru one. The fabric is so light it might as well be linen.

It's lighter than the ripstop fabric OrSlow uses for the jungle jacket (also, more breathable) and way lighter than their reverse sateen (Fatigues, etc.), thus, absolutely perfect for the spring/summer seasons.

Also, imho, both the 50's and 40's are way cooler than the chore coats every brand out there keeps churning out at prices that often aren't at all reflective of the workmanship behind the garment. I'd wear them over the stuffy ones LEJ London or Drake's sell (at nearly 3x the price, too) anyday, for instance.

No idea why it's marketed as "denim" by the way, it's totally misleading; the jacket is no thicker than a heavy oxford shirt, if that. Picrel of my 40's.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-05-11 at 23.35.04.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-11 at 23.35.04.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Junglejack

Reaction score
Get the "Kinari denim" ecru one. The fabric is so light it might as well be linen.

It's lighter than the ripstop fabric OrSlow uses for the jungle jacket (also, more breathable) and way lighter than their reverse sateen (Fatigues, etc.), thus, absolutely perfect for the spring/summer seasons.

Also, imho, both the 50's and 40's are way cooler than the chore coats every brand out there keeps churning out at prices that often aren't at all reflective of the workmanship behind the garment. I'd wear them over the stuffy ones LEJ London or Drake's sell (at nearly 3x the price, too) anyday, for instance.

No idea why it's marketed as "denim" by the way, it's totally misleading; the jacket is no thicker than a heavy oxford shirt, if that. Picrel of my 40's.
Thanks! That is exceedingly good to know. Definitely added the ecru one to my “next thing to buy” list. With the trooper fatigue, for sure it is not very breathable, but the sleeves are so billowy (thought about having them tailored) that it is wearable most of the day.

Needless to say, there is not a surfeit of OrSlow retailers on Hawaii island anyway. Come to that, I should check out if Oahu has any as it would change much to be able to feel the fabric prior to purchase.

Junglejack

Reaction score
@Junglejack i'm visiting Hawaii in November with my girlfriend. We're thinking Maui?
So glad you are heading this way. Canoe Club Hawaii? Please God make this so.

Cannot go wrong with Maui! That said, I think Big Island is tops. It really does come down to what you are looking for in an experience. Kauai always blows my mind as well.

Depending on how much time you have, it might be fun to go to a few of the islands. Flights between them are quite cheap and needless to say short.
Resortwise, the Four Seasons Hualalai out here in South Kohala is pretty damn amazing.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
appreciate the advice big homie! we are also thinking Kauai - really down to basically just chill. maybe hit a couple restaurants, but moreso just hang on the beach, maybe **** around in the woods, and i'd love to eat my weight times four in fresh fruit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads