• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

coooaaat

Reaction score
any sizing pointers for the slim fit army pants? I wear a 3 in New Yorkers & slim fatigues (with both tabs cinched in). As ever, sizing information online is all over the place : ) and a couple mentions that the fabric is unwashed, or at least shrinks substantially?

Last edited:

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any sizing pointers for the slim fit army pants? I wear a 3 in New Yorkers & slim fatigues (with both tabs cinched in). As ever, sizing information online is all over the place : ) and a couple mentions that the fabric is unwashed, or at least shrinks substantially?

Orslow sizing is inconsistent enough that I recommend buying from somewhere that allows exchanges or returns. Having said that, I wear a 2 in the slim fit army pants and the New Yorkers and a 3 in the slim fit fatigues. I've never been able to fit into 105s and 107s in a size 2, and the size 3 in 105s and 107s fit totally differently depending on the fabric. This is just my experience, and I know others have had other experiences. Gun to my head, I'd say 3 is your best bet for slim fit army pants.

coooaaat

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards 3 and hoping they'll shrink, thanks. That's wild about not being able to fit 105s size 2–mine are tagged 2 but I had to have them taken in at the waist because it felt like I was wearing a diaper, despite wearing a 3 in other cuts.

Last edited:

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
yeah i mean definitely every pair of pants are going to fit differently in some regard, but sticking with your same size across the board works for me. i think i mentioned it a minute back, but the only pairs that I feel would warrant sizing up are any 2 year or other washed pairs.

illiterate

Reaction score
I could never get the 107s to work TTS. Too tight around the thighs. Thinking of trying a pair but sizing up this time. Or would the 105s be better?

pinkchimneys

Reaction score
I could never get the 107s to work TTS. Too tight around the thighs. Thinking of trying a pair but sizing up this time. Or would the 105s be better?

I think the 105s are looser in the thighs but not by too much. Sizing up in whichever style you prefer may be the way to go. I didn’t like the cut of the 107s and sized up in the 105s (with a belt) to get the leg fit I preferred.

Racing Green

Reaction score
I wear size 3 across the board in Orlsow and the slim fit army pants definitely fit bigger than New Yorkers for instance. Fine with a belt though as others have pointed out.

blackcheer

Reaction score
To add to the confusion when it comes to pant sizing.

My waist is about 34", and I need a high rise (12" or above), so the rise is generally what makes or breaks a pair of pants for me.

For orSlow, I typically wear a 3 or 4, and here's what I've more or less figured out when it comes to fit.

107 - Not for me. Can't even get into them

105 - Not for me. Rise and waist don't match up for me. I can fit into a 3 but would prefer a higher rise. I prefer the overall fit of a 4 but the waist is too big

Slim fatigues - Not for me. Can't fit into them

Regular fatigues - These are the ones. Prefer a 4. They can get a bit frumpy in the seat and sometimes I gotta use the side tabs. I can get into a 3 but find the seat a bit too tight and the rise a hint too low. If I had the money I'd prob keep both sizes around

New yorkers - These are sweet. Can rock a 3 or 4

Hope this info helps. I think sizing with orSlow is def trickier for folks with bigger butts or thighs or have an athletic build or whatever

coooaaat

Reaction score
There's some curious descriptions of the fabric used for the slim army trousers:
*There will be app 3-4% shrinkage on waist and inseam after the first wash as the fabric is non-washed. The measurement in () is after washing. Please choose your usual orSlow size.
From Pavement

It's odd that this isn't explicitly mentioned by more retailers as you'd find with unwashed denim

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's some curious descriptions of the fabric used for the slim army trousers:

From Pavement

It's odd that this isn't explicitly mentioned by more retailers as you'd find with unwashed denim

I definitely noted some shrinking in terms of length, but didn't really notice much/any on the waist. I took the same size in the slim army chinos as I did in the slim fatigues. The top block on the army chinos is definitely bigger through the hips/rear than the slim fatigues (I like the fatigues fit better), but I don't think I could go down a size and still have the waist fit.

pinkchimneys

Reaction score

From Pavement

Yeah, they switched to an unwashed fabric a couple seasons back. In my experience, the shrink with a hot wash was still pretty minimal so if you are worried about that you could probably just cold wash them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics