• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Orslow

Junglejack

Reaction score
View attachment 2059645 @shopcanoeclub approved fit today - Birkenstock Bostons, Chup socks, orSlow 105s, LWC tee, orSlow Loopwheel crewneck
Thinking of it that way, I live an almost entirely CC approved life!
OrSlow’s Loopwheel stuff is the truth and might be my favorite hoodies period. While their reverse weave ones are great as well, still prefer the Loopwheel stuff.

I say this with a closet of an embarrassing number of hoodies including Elder Statesman cashmere ones and many other Japanese Loopwheel ones.

Junglejack

Reaction score
@Junglejack hope you're safe out there i see HI is back on fire...
Damn. Need to watch the news this morn. I know Kilauea might pop again which on my side of the island begets vog at times, but did not hear of any brushfires.

That said, it is stupid dry as we are just heading into the rainy season. Worse still, the El Niño portends to a drier Winter. Apparently will be good for the surfers as apparently there will be bigger swells.

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Bostons do stellar service as house shoes, got ‘em in a nice reddish brown football leather. I didn’t used to think that Birks worked for me until I sized up and went to the standard vs narrow fit.

TRUNKZ

Reaction score
Can anybody advise whether I should size down from my regular fit fatigue pants and New Yorkers when trying to buy a pair of French work pants in ecru? I wear a size 4 for both the New Yorkers and regular fit fatigue pants and am getting varying answers from searching online about the fit of the French work pants.

evolsirhc

Reaction score
Can anybody advise whether I should size down from my regular fit fatigue pants and New Yorkers when trying to buy a pair of French work pants in ecru? I wear a size 4 for both the New Yorkers and regular fit fatigue pants and am getting varying answers from searching online about the fit of the French work pants.
I take the same size in reg fit fatigues and french work pants.

evolsirhc

Reaction score
Sweet, thank you. I think I was just thrown off by one of the sites I was browsing. They were saying the model sized down lol
Because of the elastic waist you could probably get away with sizing down if you want a slimmer fit, but I really like how mine fit TTS!

blkxion555

Reaction score
I would also stick with your normal size. I am 17.5" waist and wear a size 4 in New Yorkers but they fit slightly loose so I sized down for the French Work Pants for a slimmer fit. The elastic accommodates my waist but I don't love the fit. The top block just fits...off and is slightly uncomfortable. It doesn't look bad tho and the legs are more fitted, but I just did not enjoy the way it felt when I was walking/sitting.

nachobarro

Reaction score
Any experience hemming fatigue pants?

I hate that orSlow doesn't offer inseam options for their jeans and pants.

zranger102797

Reaction score

Yes. I had my tailor do an original hem, and I am super glad I did. Shouldn’t be an issue for a good tailor - I would just call out specifically that you want the original hem

nachobarro

Reaction score
Yes. I had my tailor do an original hem, and I am super glad I did. Shouldn’t be an issue for a good tailor - I would just call out specifically that you want the original hem
Yeah that’s my main fear, I want the green to be the same.

Did you find any shrinkage in the fatigues? Don’t want them to end up too short after hemming.

Junglejack

Reaction score
Yeah that’s my main fear, I want the green to be the same.

Did you find any shrinkage in the fatigues? Don’t want them to end up too short after hemming.
I have a pretty decent amount of OrSlow and at first always line dried, but for a few months now, I have been chucking all of it in the dryer and have not noticed any major shrinkage.

Actually wearing my slim fit fatigues right now and certainly have not noticed any meaningful shortening of length and just washed and dried them yesterday.

I will give the proviso that I have never gone ultra fitted with the OrSlow stuff, but I have always reckoned that is kinda the vibe with it. Comfort.

mak1277

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How much do you need to hem? I think they’re the perfect type of pants to roll up, as long as it’s not too fat of a roll.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nani94