• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Opinion on pink jeans.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by F. Corbera
I will need much larger photographs to offer any advice.

laugh.gif

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Made in California
It used to be that pink was for boys and light blue was for girls. Pink is gradually shifting back to being to a male color. It's ridiculous to say, "The pants are pink and therefore girly." Please resize pics.
Well, maybe not *all* pants, but certainly those pants, and certainly on the OP. It reminds me of one of the lead designers or CEO aged 60+ of A&F or Hollister dressing like a 14 year old. There are some things that a person of a younger (or alternate gender) demographic can get away with, that some others cannot. It goes both ways. A light pink shirt with gray trousers, matching tie, and a navy blazer? Yes. The combination worn by the OP? No. In fact, on the OP, it just looks creepy. That said, this is my opinion -- you're free to differ.
smile.gif

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a middle aged guy in the States, this is tough to pull off. These guys from a distant land (who are worshipped in another) set the standard. It is hard to reach.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With respect, not everyone can pull off pink pants.
Since you have disposable income, perhaps give Nantucket Red or rust a try.
Beautiful jacket (sleeves need to be raised 1/2") but that pink don't work with it, or you.
A jacket in forest green may have worked better? Or peach instead of pink on the pants?

The acorns on that tie resemble either circumsized testicles or an orchiectomy in progress,
and matched with that particular pink seems to read as a gender statement of some form,
not that there is anything wrong with making a gender statement.
Perhaps it is the lighting from the flash not giving us the true effect, or that the shoes are black.
Brown, tan, red, burgundy or even green shoes may have softened this combo?
Each man has to know his limitations, and you receive top marks for having the cojones to find where that is for yourself.
Thank you for sharing the photos. From this, we all learn.

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere!
If the fit was good, I might have said yes. This is not a good fit.

i have a pink canali sport coat to go with those jeans
eh.gif

frenchy

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
IMG_8189.jpg

nickelson-wooster9.jpg

Pink pants work for Mr. Wooster because they actually fit well on him and are devoid of that tacky contrast stitching.

i like that guy,hes like "The Worlds Most interesting Man's" cooler brother

Nautilus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by frenchy
i like that guy,hes like "The Worlds Most interesting Man's" cooler brother

Very true!

To the OP: No on the pants. The fact that you know they are a risk and posted a picture for critique means you will never have the confidence to pull off a look like that. Very few could, and there is nothing wrong with not being able to pull it off. It's an extreme look. Pick up some RIT and dye those suckers black. Also, the jacket is awesome but the sleeves look like they could be shortened an inch or so.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As my gf would advise, you're too old to attempt to pull things like this off. If you're a print ad model or were actually influential in the fashion industry, you'd get a pass. Plus with the rest of the outfit and black shoos, just horrible.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
Pink pants work for Mr. Wooster because they actually fit well on him and are devoid of that tacky contrast stitching.
Pink pants also work for Mr. Wooster because he's got the 'tude and the build for the fit to look flattering on him.

tone76

Reaction score
Good grief. It looks like the OP broke into Elton John's house and managed to escape with only one pair of trousers.

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Pink pants also work for Mr. Wooster because he's got the 'tude and the build for the fit to look flattering on him.

Yep. That's why he's able to pull off clothing like this TB suit, worn seperately:

144903_565.jpg

Nickelson-Wooster-Colored.jpg

and the famous Bastian camo jacket (also part of a suit iirc):

IMG_7091.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads