• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Combattente:

IMG_0029.jpeg

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey! Found this forum while searching for some bespoke recommendations for jackets. Seems like you guys def know your stuff! :D

I'm looking to commission my first (sports? not sure if that's the correct name) jacket with a nice tweed/checks pattern to wear with denim jeans and probably dark t-shirt/knit below.

From my research it looks like the ones in Saville Row have a bigger price, ranging from 3500-6000 pounds for a jacket. The ones in Naples seem to have a more "reasonable" pricing.

Based on this, does anyone have any recommendation of good tailors for me? This is my first time in bespoke. My budget is around 2500€ tops!

Here are a few pictures I've found on Instagram and on this thread that I quite like to make it easier to show what I'm looking for:

View attachment 2157813
tempimage7b8sse-jpg.2156513
img_0694-jpeg.2155719
View attachment 2157821 View attachment 2157819
Thank you in advance for any help!!

Since one of the pictures is of my jacket- will be happy to introduce you to domenico pirozzi, via chiaia 197

The other long posts are fun to read too btw, thank you forum members

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree. Curious to hear your thoughts on the DB though.
The jacket definitely gives off a louche vibe but the droopy shoulders and the enclosure makes it makes it seem like it should be worn by an older individual. Also, my eyes are drawn to your hips. I’ve seen you in other DBs and they seemed modern and better suited for your body.

Also, you have a decent sized wardrobe from different tailors. Have you assessed which cuts work best for your intended lifestyle? I’m constantly comparing my suits and jackets to figure out what is appropriate for certain situations.

tdang

Reaction score
The jacket definitely gives off a louche vibe but the droopy shoulders and the enclosure makes it makes it seem like it should be worn by an older individual. Also, my eyes are drawn to your hips. I’ve seen you in other DBs and they seemed modern and better suited for your body.

Also, you have a decent sized wardrobe from different tailors. Have you assessed which cuts work best for your intended lifestyle? I’m constantly comparing my suits and jackets to figure out what is appropriate for certain situations.

I see what you mean. I like things soft and easy (and I slouch a lot) so I happen to be drawn to that saggy old man look you referred to. But you’re right to point out the hip issue - I have a bigger hip which gets accentuated if it’s not cut close to the body.

Corcos seems to fit me the best, now that we’ve agreed on going ventless with future commissions.

IMG_9221.jpeg

CLH03

Reaction score
I see what you mean. I like things soft and easy (and I slouch a lot) so I happen to be drawn to that saggy old man look you referred to. But you’re right to point out the hip issue - I have a bigger hip which gets accentuated if it’s not cut close to the body.

Corcos seems to fit me the best, now that we’ve agreed on going ventless with future commissions.

View attachment 2158545
Corcos’ DB is easily the best looking cut I’ve seen just in general. I really like the double buttonholes he does as well.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Or it may be the greatest of all Neapolitan masters, Roberto MARARO formerly known to the world as Mohamad Ayoubi. lol
Yes, that’s the guy!!!!!

View attachment 2158545
Your db from kotaro fits better than the one from liverano. BUT, I don’t like dbs as odd jackets (generally). My eye is toward jackets as sb.

Corcos’ DB is easily the best looking cut I’ve seen just in general. I really like the double buttonholes he does as well.
It’s funny because kotaro has a strong preference toward single breasted jackets (at least that’s the way it seems). I think he said 90% of his orders are single breasted.

Whereas I remember satoki told me 60% of his orders were db. He further said he thought the contrast made sense because, to him, the Florentine style was better as a sb & Milanese style was better as a db. I tend to agree with satoki san on this. Empirically, all my orders with kotaro have been sb & that’s unlikely to change.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Since one of the pictures is of my jacket- will be happy to introduce you to domenico pirozzi, via chiaia 197

The other long posts are fun to read too btw, thank you forum members

I thought they moved location now to Casalnuovo?

BlueSteel

Reaction score
The Pirozzi who moved to Casualnuovo is the other Pirozzi, the one who is not as good as the one always in via chiaia 197.
Ahhh - thanks for clarifying that! Is the Pirozzi that comes to NYC these days the one from Casalnuovo, or the one in Chiaia?

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The one from Casalnuovo. The one from always in via chiaia 197 doesn’t travel, besides our friends @C&A, @P-K-L, Conchita Wurst and maybe selected others, he has mostly napoletani and italian friend customers.

He does travel, however only to places like Rome and Milan. He would like to come to Germany and Paris though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads