• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the suit but my eyes are drawn to the couch!
We moved into a 120+ year old home about two years ago and my wife decided to decorate the interior primarily with classic Italian furnitire (Zanotta, B&B, Morosso, Cassina, etc.) so we became fast friends with the only authorized dealer in our area who happens to be two blocks away. One of the co-owners gets a huge kick about me commissioning bespoke clothes so she has offered to be my unofficial fit photographer. Hence the cool background to the photos.

Last edited:

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We moved into a 120+ year old home about two years ago and my wife decided to decorate the interior primarily with classic Italian furnitire
So are you going to go with the classic Italian decor of marble statue heads all over your house?

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So are you going to go with the classic Italian decor of marble statue heads all over your house?
Excellent point. While we have statues at our entrance, they are not marble and certainly more British than Italian. I should have written “modern Italian” rather than “classic Italian.”
3F64FB2C-1402-47C1-B7B2-E2878E0E811A.jpeg

Last edited:

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Congratulations. Are square patch pockets a Florence thing or is that unique to your tailor? Also, is that size pocket typical for Florence or your tailor specifically? Finally, how comfortable is it while doing CrossFit?

Thank you.

All features are his standard and I’d say not different from what Liverano himself would cut.

The jacket is extremely comfortable. Extended shoulders but no chest deape. Shoulders are just slightly more built up than a spalla camicia done by the neapolitans.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PSNY

Reaction score
May just be the photos but the pants look a little full in the knee area causing excessive breaking / bunching

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
May just be the photos but the pants look a little full in the knee area causing excessive breaking / bunching
You seem to be an expert in bespoke tailoring. Please show us a picture of your own impeccable tailoring outfits.

Would love to see what you commissioned from Solito and Corcos.

PSNY

Reaction score
You sound triggered? I've commented no more than maybe three times in this thread. I'm no expert, but it is usually fairly clear when something looks good or does not, personal preference is one thing, but blatantly incorrect tailoring is another. As mentioned, could be the photos, but the tapering and length of those trousers could use some adjusting to remove that bunching at the knee, unless of course that is what the client insists they want. I find that hard to believe though.

Crispyj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You sound triggered? I've commented no more than maybe three times in this thread. I'm no expert, but it is usually fairly clear when something looks good or does not, personal preference is one thing, but blatantly incorrect tailoring is another. As mentioned, could be the photos, but the tapering and length of those trousers could use some adjusting to remove that bunching at the knee, unless of course that is what the client insists they want. I find that hard to believe though.
Please show us your Solito and Corcos outfits. Also add your shirts from Avitable, which you have an extensive relationship with.

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Please show us your Solito and Corcos outfits. Also add your shirts from Avitable, which you have an extensive relationship with.
What a bizarre response. I also noted the trouser fit and wondered if they were sitting a bit low on the waist or if the wearer had just stood up. They certainly bunch around the lower thighs in these photos, but the crotch looks to be hanging a little low in the first photo.

PSNY

Reaction score
No need, I'm not looking for fit critiques, nor feedback, I'm content with my garments and how they've turned out. By your response, you're clearly triggered, strange, your garments fit very well, especially your recent comissons from Q which I've complimented you on. As an example, comparing your trousers to those posted by Tofani, one can make their own opinions...

As for my supposed "extensive relationship", I am not sure what you're alluding too? I have a standard client shirtmaker relationship. Nothing out of the ordinary, nor any different than what anyone else on this forum has. I am on my first order with him and have so far had the first fitting in early December after the initial measurement in September. I've had shirts made by CEGO in NYC, Sartoria Napolitana in Istanbul, and Geneva in NYC in the past. Strange tone in your posts, hope your day is going well...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads