• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Nah robbie i was referrng to why's post

slappysloopy

Reaction score
I think it's okay to have criticism even to a small degree like this. GS's look is obviously awesome and from what I've seen on here he's always looked great. Sure he looks very well done but why not point out where he could be better, if he wanted to be? I don't see the harm in that.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
nobody is beyond criticism but getsmart pictures are so basic (and of pretty poor quality) that it's hard to really judge anything as 'amazing' or 'bad'

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Those deck boots are the definition of affected. 'Hey, boat shoes are popular. But what if they were HIGH-TOP!?'
I'm intrigued to see what someone with such hyper disdain for almost everything wears himself. Just curious......and continue to speak freely!.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rye GB
More NB love! Vintage Jacket x OG Nike x Tanner x HG x NB
This is nice! I like the last one with camo aswell, youre wearing it well. Only thing I´d change in this one is the graphic tee... exchange for somekind of casual shirt instead, say a chambray... btw, are those the same kind of US made 574s as I have? Great sneakers.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
I know I won't have time to post more fits since school starts up again next week, so here's today.

Library-393.jpg

dior jacket
apc nc (these are pretty much brand new so I apologize for that)

Library-397.jpg

alden flex welt shoes. copley last

Looks good.

Originally Posted by Racove
i dig this. jacket looks great with cuffs turned up. does it look great with them down and buttoned?

Thanks, the cuffs look ok buttoned up, but not as good as they do flipped back IMO. It's probably just that they are a little long and I have a weird aversion bordering on phobia to long coat sleeves that go past the wrist and touch the back of my hands. Don't know why but they really bug me.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adamha21
I think the coat looks great. Don't see what you are seeing at all.

You wear nothing but oversized EG crap, so of course not.

His torso is too big for his legs. When he wears the peacoat it makes him looks like he's wearing a skirt.

You can disagree if you want.

I'm intrigued to see what someone with such hyper disdain for almost everything wears himself.

Just curious......and continue to speak freely!.

I just criticize a lot.

I usually just sit around in my underwear all day lately. I'll take a pic.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More NB love!

Vintage Jacket x OG Nike x Tanner x HG x NB

Perpetratin.

The buttons really really stand out. I never like to wear button down collars. otherwise its just average looking. I'd tie that tie not as a standard four in hand but as a half windsor.
Disagree seriously about not wearing button down collars, but agree that it doesn't work here. Something about the fit of the vneck and the collar. I'd ditch the tie (sweater and shirt=nice), or at least get a darker one. The tone of the yellow/gold tie and gray in the sweater=meh. IMO.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The FIH knot is fine. Don't wear a button-down collar with that sweater. The tie is way too formal (even for a knit) for the outfit and the black shirt doesn't give many options because almost all ties will stand out too much with it on.

JO3B

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerFormula
The buttons really really stand out. I never like to wear button down collars. otherwise its just average looking. I'd tie that tie not as a standard four in hand but as a half windsor.

no, four in hand is the correct tie knot in this scenario.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tagutcow
Why isn't wmmk getting ass-raped for his haircut the same way I routinely am?

While a trim would make wmmk look about ten years older, I think it works for him. Your hair? Well, it just makes you look cro-magnon or like it's the hair style you've had since you were 13. At least put some product in it. Frizzy hair doesn't look good on anyone.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
co-sign, don't understand how you can see so much detail from a tiny ass pic stop being so anal The **** is clothing, as long as it's within 95% then a little imperfection is always good. There's no character or personality in absolutely perfect fitting everything, that **** is contrived.
What bullshit. We all know that this forum does nothing but criticize the slightest imperfections in fit pictures with the exception of the “veteran” members who have developed some kind of immunity to criticism and receive praise without qualification. This is a fashion forum. Open-ended criticism is what it exists for. I actually believe that Jet is just trying to make excuses for his and GS’ relatively mediocre fits, which rarely come under the kind of scrutiny much of the rest of the forum does. [Admittedly, that wonderful fit Jet posted a while back does get quoted often] Most of GS’ fits are pretty solid, but very few people go every day of their life channeling flawless steez. So what? So, despite the fact that why does little but criticize other fits, I think what he has to say is mostly on the mark, and this case is no exception in my eyes. My fit for today started with just the shirt, slacks and shoes. I threw the denim shirt over it because it’s new and I like it; then I realized that I didn’t like how monotone it was so I tried the light blue striped one instead…not really thrilled with either but oh well. Also, I usually go for the tuck but I was too lazy this morning. Sorry for the inconsistent lighting, the flash on my camera sucks so I rely on natural light for my shots, damn clouds.
DSC02688.jpg
DSC02676.jpg
DSC02678.jpg
DSC02684.jpg
DSC02686.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads