• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for the compliment limahl.

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
To take a page out of willy cheesesteak's book....
Stfu_teller.gif
Kids are whiny.

db_ggmm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ToruOkada
No, I don't think he's really 5'2. I think that was a joke.

Is or isn't, doesn't matter now, cause now he is.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
not sure how his place makes it look like he has a family and for the record i like most of his fits but it's everyone's acting like he is transcending this realm that bugs me.
inb4 sauce, 07cmf, and braid post a pic of an aa tshirt, apcs, and ceepees Actually gravoche dresses better than sauce and braid but is equally photogenic. The real trick to waywt as those 3 have demonstrated is to be attractive, in good shape, post simple slim fits, and to be a good photographer. I like gravoche's fits though, but still. I think people are missing what kunk was getting at. He's not hating on the guy at all it's just he's not that impressed with his outfits looked at in a clothing bubble. For example, that outfit would not get as many compliments if it was worn by that guy who keeps posting bad denim jacket pics

warlok1965

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
inb4 sauce, 07cmf, and braid post a pic of an aa tshirt, apcs, and ceepees

Actually gravoche dresses better than sauce and braid but is equally photogenic. The real trick to waywt as those 3 have demonstrated is to be attractive, in good shape, post simple slim fits, and to be a good photographer.

I like gravoche's fits though, but still. I think people are missing what kunk was getting at. He's not hating on the guy at all it's just he's not that impressed with his outfits looked at in a clothing bubble. For example, that outfit would not get as many compliments if it was worn by that guy who keeps posting bad denim jacket pics

Why you always gotta be so sensical?

chronoaug

Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Why you always gotta be so sensical?
no u
Originally Posted by JD_May
^True, although I think if the jacket fit him as well as it does GV it would still garner positive reactions.
debatable. Gravoche is in good shape and has good body proportion and seems to be a pretty good looking du. Not to mention his photos always are very clear and angles/pose flatter. Dude is working it and that makes a big difference over standign legs slightly apart, directly facing the camera with fists clenched drizzt pose style

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Agreed on the photography obviously but I did like the elements in that pic regardless if simple. Though on the other hand I have always found that "one leg raised as if to simulate walking" pose somewhat off-putting.

I enjoy that we have all co-opted Jet's excessive use of the pseudo-word "du". It's the new "swag".

chronoaug

Reaction score
Agreed on the elements in the fit being solid on their own which is why i say i think his fits are slightly better (probably the same maybe) than sauce/braid/07cmf (still like those guys and this isn't a dig against them)

People on sufu been using du long before big v. Think dismal/impolyt can confirm that.

needs more parentheses

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
from this weekend

wjk hook shirt
julius denim
f+b boots

this was awesome. hella steez

Originally Posted by denimdestroyedmylife
4288316237_627ce32dda.jpg

wigens
j cru
buzz
flathead tee (not vis?)
mister freedom
red wing wabasha

the elusive ddml strikes again

chronoaug

Reaction score
I still don't know if diddy is asian or one of those white guys who likes asian things enough to the point where he actually starts looking asian.

Knew a guy from high school who was obsessed with japanese and other asian cultures so much (think he studied abroad for a semester too) and he honestly started to look asian and he's a 100% pasty overweight white guy. Weird phenomenon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads