• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
img0472as.jpg

Schneider
Ervell
Sander
Altama

Schneider knits is gorg, interesting move rolling the Jil pants, the vibe comes off as sophisticated Americana. Looks good.

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
4285456919_086a464441.jpg
H&M Acne APC Clarks Floating in mid-air.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Warm Day in Charlotte

DSC02544.jpg

DSC02543.jpg

DSC02545.jpg

DSC02547.jpg

Jacket=PeterLee Linen Field Coat
Shirt=Jantzen
Belt=Torino Leather
Pants=Incotex
Socks=Happy Feet
Shoes=Alden Flex Welt Chukka
Watch=Rolex SubDate

jaac

Reaction score
Cool pad fuuma. Good fit to.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
fuuma not using a terrible angle makes your fit look 5000000x better

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the compliments guys, I really didn't expect it, especially for that fit.

Originally Posted by Humperdink
I like the thick, scratchy wool beanie in GoSurface's fit - looks very rugged longshoreman, a la Eddie Carbone - but where's the buffalo plaid shirt and clunky workboots with ugly contrast stitching? I thought this was Styleforum for crying out loud.

Sorry to disappoint you.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by APK
Pretty sure I have the same gloves from UO, GoSurface. Like $10 a pair, right? I ordered them in black and grey with the intention of wearing either pair to best match whatever outwear I had on that day. I've wound up wearing both pairs at the same time because they're so thin.

Speaking of which, I haven't been able to find the stupid gloves in my apartment since Friday. It'll be bad news once this tepid weather gives way again to winter.

I got mine for like 5 dollars back in the fall of 2007. They've held up pretty well for cheap-o UO gloves.

Originally Posted by whodini
Will you marry me for my Canadian citizenship?

You know the answer to this. Why ask?

Originally Posted by kelvinsense
gosurface is boooomtastic

Is boomtastic the new "Steezy?" I like it. Thanks!

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teger
fuuma not using a terrible angle makes your fit look 5000000x better

+1

Originally Posted by Fuuma
fuuma.jpg

I'm so depressed!!! Woe is me!! Haha. Note that this outfit only works with the white leather jacket (unworn, in the background) cause the shoes don't work with the hoodie alone.

It's really an injustice that you post an incomplete outfit, that white leather would tie everything together so perfectly that I'd probably change my mind about white leather jackets.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Experimenting with the denim jacket. I think it tones down the preppiness of the sweater/shirt combo rather nicely, but that's me.
waywt2h.jpg
What do you guys think?

garmis

Reaction score
^^if you are just looking to tone down the preppiness, the converse do that by themselves. Honestly, I think you look like a hoodlum from the first Karate Kid movie--this ensemble looks very very dated.

But hey everything fits you well! And note I am biased because I hate both converse and denim jackets. Just trying to give you some constructive criticism-

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by garmis
^^if you are just looking to tone down the preppiness, the converse do that by themselves. Honestly, I think you look like a hoodlum from the first Karate Kid movie--this ensemble looks very very dated. But hey everything fits you well! And note I am biased because I hate both converse and denim jackets. Just trying to give you some constructive criticism-
No I feel that. I just feel that there's just this upper-body lower-body divide thing with the toning up or toning down a style. Like, the converse wouldn't tone the look down, they'd just look really out of place. (This someone else's critique of another fit of mine and i agree)

Lachy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by warlok1965
Schneider
Ervell
Sander
Altama

Damn you for posting this first! (mine is languishing in my closet waiting for winter) Looks great!

AlSailor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
you look like a normal person who does not give a **** about their clothes at all

so, kudos?

Disagree, because everything fits him, which would not be the case if he did not give a **** about his clothes at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads