• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charhan1

Reaction score
Hi all - quick question. Have a family wedding coming up next week (just a guest, not in the bridal party) and was wanting to get a black and white shepherd's check tie (to go with navy suit, white shirt, black cap toe oxfords, white linen square). Alas, I've left it too late so timing is now an issue and most online sources out of the question except local Aussie ones. I've found one on a local online source that is acceptably wide (8.5cm blade) and a nice small check. Only issue is that it is 100% cotton and I've never owned a cotton tie. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, why not wear something different rather than the VERY typical SF "approved"' wedding tie?

Last edited:

Charhan1

Reaction score
Was just trying to play it safe - I'm still relatively new to this game so wearing "SF approved" clothing is a nice change! Always open to suggestions though...

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Was just trying to play it safe - I'm still relatively new to this game so wearing "SF approved" clothing is a nice change!  Always open to suggestions though...

See previous page.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That would make your outfit look too business like IMO.
I was talking a solid deep burgundy tie.

Charhan1

Reaction score
Think you are absolutely right about looking too business - will have a look at a solid deep burgundy - bound to find one nearby - thanks for your help.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Was just trying to play it safe - I'm still relatively new to this game so wearing "SF approved" clothing is a nice change!  Always open to suggestions though...

You're in good shape with the white shirt and navy suit. I like and strongly defend wedding ties, but if you don't have one, a navy tie will do. A lighter colored pink or lilac can be festive too. Lots of SF approved stuff in good taste can be worn if it is not too business-like.

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And as of last night, I'm engaged. Excellent. I'm looking forward to assembling and wearing this outfit!

Last edited:

ferragamo2012

Reaction score
I am getting married in January and am about to pull the trigger on a MTM tux. I wanted to hear thoughts on my plans:

- Midnight blue. Should I go with it or stick to black?
- Single button, peak lapel. How wide should I go with the lapels? I am 5'7 and wear a 38s. I'm thinking 4in.
- Grosgrain on the lapels, pocket jetting (should this be grosgrain?), button, pant stripe, waist (should I get it on the waist? I plan on wearing a cummerbund so it won't be visible but it may be a good option to have?)
- double vent
- Grosgrain bow tie and cummerbund
- fly front shirt
- plan black velvet slippers
- white pocket square

I'm particularly torn between going midnight blue or black.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads