• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Boxing day sale is pretty good at Wings and Horns rn. Just popped in and copped some of those field pants @LA Guy was talking about for half off. Really dig the fit.

ebayhtl

Reaction score

The discounts, in their own way, will be reflections of economic factors + retail's struggles (in a general sense). Would definitely agree with the nebulous feeling that the discounts have been deeper/quicker this year, hopefully it hasn't been too difficult a year for all the great independent retailers out there.

At 70% to 90% off they are definitely losing money. Even 60% off is pushing it. I do like sales but not at the expense of stores going out of business.

Yeah that's how I feel too. Been buying mainly from east Dane who can obviously afford losses to a greater degree - all my stuff after their X% off sale price sales would be at least 60% off retail, and it's not Xmas yet. Would be shocked if some of the other retailers can afford multiple seasons with sales like this season.

The way Mr P is doing their sale this season seems more sensible - they can afford to slow it down with yoox in charge I suppose.

Interested in your thoughts on this @LA Guy.

Last edited:

mina262

Reaction score

Thinking about ordering from 18montrose however, VAT is included in items (I live in the US). Has anyone ordered from them and have you had VAT removed? I sent them emails but looks like they aren't answering them. Kind of suggests they don't want to sell to the US...

Yeah their customer service isn't great and I don't think they're that bothered about selling overseas. Vat is included and they won't deduct it. Only really worth it if you get q good deal with exchange rate.

Hype1234

Reaction score

Meanwhile, my entire take is a pair of Zespa sneakers for kicking around in (tired of CPs, Visvims are not workable with everything, Zespas are less expensive and make me think of that very casual, basics very well done look that I see all over France, and another Guidi belt (they are just so cool, man)

I just wish the zespas weren't so damn uncomfortable. YMMV, but might wanna grab an insole. Also, it's been mentioned before, but they smell like cocoa butter out of the box. It's lovely.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I just wish the zespas weren't so damn uncomfortable. YMMV, but might wanna grab an insole. Also, it's been mentioned before, but they smell like cocoa butter out of the box. It's lovely.

I do Superfeet for all my CPs - half insole mainly, although full for BBall Lows, becuz them ***** is huge.

basil rathbone

Reaction score
Which colour did you buy? Debating between the grey and black.

Grey. Bit darker IRL than the web pics. Black was nice too.
Been eyeing those and some others being that I strike out with other similar pants. How would you describe the fit/quality?
Quality is good, really like the fabric. Roomy in the thigh/seat, not a lot of room in the calf. Measurements seem pretty accurate, with the thigh being slightly tighter. I sized down.

The satin bomber and parka were also really cool in person.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads