• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ That's a massive spoiler for those who haven't read the books.

Belwas, though fun, is unnecessary. Selmy can easily cover his plot points.

lefty

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm a bit hard to please, but I think I would've enjoyed it more if they'd advanced the plots of 1 or 2 characters more than just try and give a little for everyone.

Still, it sets things up nicely which I suppose is what the start of the season needs.

*******? Checked.
Violence? Checked.
Recap of last season? Checked.

All in all, slightly slow but a nice continuation of the series.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little saddened how they handled the battle at the beginning. I understand that there's more important things to spend budget on but it would've been nice to at least even see a few pan away shots of corpses, the aftermath of the battle, really, anything other than black screen and screaming. Otherwise, an excellent opening episode, really loved the scenery and felt that it brought life to a lot of settings (where as Season 2 at times felt closed in).

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ That's a massive spoiler for those who haven't read the books.

Belwas, though fun, is unnecessary. Selmy can easily cover his plot points.

lefty

Hence the spoiler tag... can we not get into this again?

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Goddamn I love that midget. He's the best character on TV ever.

Omar is #1. Stringer Bell is top 10. Midget's top 20.

A little saddened how they handled the battle at the beginning. I understand that there's more important things to spend budget on but it would've been nice to at least even see a few pan away shots of corpses, the aftermath of the battle, really, anything other than black screen and screaming. Otherwise, an excellent opening episode, really loved the scenery and felt that it brought life to a lot of settings (where as Season 2 at times felt closed in).

Pass. Violence on TV is worthless. The Walking Dead proves it.

Develop the story. Keep the hottie ass Khalissi in frame and for god sake get rid of Joffery. And show his fiancee's ****.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Develop the story. Keep the hottie ass Khalissi in frame and for god sake get rid of Joffery. And show his fiancee's ****.

How about just keep spreading them further and further apart until they hang out of her armpits?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Boo. No Varys or Jamie.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they will include Strong Belwas as a character.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score

Goddamn I love that midget. He's the best character on TV ever.

Not even the best midget character, Harvey.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Boo. No Varys or Jamie.

Varys and Littlefinger are both great actors, but they really stuff way too much Littlefinger into the show. Varys and Littlefinger are good characters b/c of the mystery that surrounds them, not because they're on every page.

Jaime and Brienne should be in a lot of scenes this year.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it's anything like the battle at the end of Season 2 with 30 or so actors, I'll pass. They completely screwed that one up.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Varys and Littlefinger are both great actors, but they really stuff way too much Littlefinger into the show. Varys and Littlefinger are good characters b/c of the mystery that surrounds them, not because they're on every page.

Jaime and Brienne should be in a lot of scenes this year.

Yeah, they have been showing Littlefinger a little too much lately although I don't get quite the same feeling with Varys (and I just finished re-watching S1 & S2). One of my favourite scenes in the entire series is Varys and Ned in the dungeon pretty much just talking. He literally is my favourite character.

"Storms come and go, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling."

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If it's anything like the battle at the end of Season 2 with 30 or so actors, I'll pass. They completely screwed that one up.

I've never seen the point of showing massive battlescenes and destruction when the vast majority of it would be CG. I much prefer their less is more approach.

iamacyborg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never seen the point of showing massive battlescenes and destruction when the vast majority of it would be CG. I much prefer their less is more approach.

I'm happy with the less is more approach, but when something is meant to be a huge battle with thousands of people on either side, it's a bit **** to cut it down to a few dozen people. Either cut those scenes out or do them properly, don't half arse them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads