• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a theory that the Martells are behind the Faith Militant. Since many (most?) of the Brave Companions were Dornish, and instead of following Tywin's orders, they ran around burning septs to piss off the faithful against the Lannisters.

If that's the case, Littlefinger has some serious competition as far as scheming goes.

Also, the show pissed me off how it handled the Companions. If there is any character I miss more than Belwas, it's Vargo Hoat. Locke was a piss poor substitute.

No, he technically won the war of the 5 kings.

No that's Sam :D

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If the Martells have some grand endgame in play it's been the best kept secret in the whole series. For as much of a shitshow the series Dorne was the book Dorne wasn't that much better.

Why is series Balon still alive?

lefty

Last edited:

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good question re Balon. Either the show hasn't gotten to him yet, or just wrote him off.

edit: By the casting leaks though, I think the Greyjoys might be back in. And I'm excited to see who will play Randall Tarly.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

If the Martells have some grand endgame in play it's been the best kept secret in the whole series. For as much of a shitshow the series Dorne was the book Dorne wasn't that much better.

Why is series Balon still alive? 

lefty

Yeah, this. Lots of bickering between gouty Doran and the Sand Snakes to little ultimate effect. And the sad sack little crown prince travels across the ocean to find Queen Dany but ends up getting charbroiled by a dragon rather than getting laid. The latter is one of those terminal storylines that are doubly annoying because the characters weren't that interesting to begin with and you force yourself to grind through those chapters just to avoid the risk of being hopelessly lost later.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Balon was the third in the usurper leech scene. The fact that they all died gave some validity to the Red Witch's Lord of Light ****. They could have killed much as M did in the books. It's one line.

lefty

Last edited:

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Stannis plot last season reminded me of Oregon Trail.

"A thief came in the night and stole seven oxen and two thousand horses."

Stugotes

Reaction score
Do we even need spoilers in this thread anymore? The show mostly caught up with the books by now, right?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
vimeo_logo.png

lefty

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.