• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Think the Jamie Lannister line was blown, but I guess it made it clear that this was Tywin's doing. Smaller scene than I hoped.

So now that the Queen of the North (and her unborn child) is dead does that mean that Martin told the producers that storyline amounts to nothing? The books leave the impression that she is safe and the child will be a factor in the north.

Is there no soap at the Twins?

lefty

Sotiris

Reaction score
Well the Lannister line by Bolton was delivered as Jamie spoke on the show. I think you're right, it was changed then to eventually show that it was Tywin's doing.

I think it's a good change for two reasons. One Jamie didn't have anything to do with the RW in actuality. And two now that he's becoming much more sympathetic to the viewers it's better not to confuse them or make them think he did have anything to do with the RW.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Think the Jamie Lannister line was blown, but I guess it made it clear that this was Tywin's doing. Smaller scene than I hoped.

So now that the Queen of the North (and her unborn child) is dead does that mean that Martin told the producers that storyline amounts to nothing? The books leave the impression that she is safe and the child will be a factor in the north.

Is there no soap at the Twins?

lefty

If they are following GRRM's advice (vs just trimming plot lines that are too convoluted and don't really amount to much), then I think a few major fan theories have been blown. With Robb's girl dead, there is zero chance of a "surprise, this is Robb's kid" coming along a few years down the road.

However, is there any solid text to support that Jeyne Westerling is pregnant? It was always just fan speculation right? Her mother kept feeding her moon tea to stop her from conceiving and the pregnancy rumor all comes from the fact that Jeyne is described differently when Jamie visits Riverrun (and thus they must be hiding away a pregnant Jeyne). That might just be sloppy editing or a difference in opinion between narrators on what constitutes wide hips.

I guess the Jaime Lannister line was changed to keep some hate off of him. Without the text references, it might seem like something Jaime arranged with Roose Bolton while at Harrenhall. He's on his redemption path now and the hate from the red wedding might make it hard for fans to accept it (especially after it was Cat who freed him and tasked him with the mission that he keeps working on).

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If they are following GRRM's advice (vs just trimming plot lines that are too convoluted and don't really amount to much), then I think a few major fan theories have been blown. With Robb's girl dead, there is zero chance of a "surprise, this is Robb's kid" coming along a few years down the road.

Agreed, we're getting to parts of the show where it's either going to start lending additional credence to or disproving fan theories--and this is one of those moments. Pretty interesting to watch.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are blackfish and edmure tully dead? they both exited the hall before the doors were closed. whats the deal there?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

are blackfish and edmure tully dead? they both exited the hall before the doors were closed. whats the deal there?

Edmure becomes a prisoner of the Lannisters and Blackfish escapes to be a pain in their butt (if they follow the book).

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Edmure becomes a prisoner of the Lannisters and Blackfish escapes to be a pain in their butt (if they follow the book).

Edmure is the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, so he needs an heir. Lord Walder wants his grandson to inherit Riverrun and then be able to be the dominant force in the Riverlands with his heir at the Twins as well. But, once he has a son, his value disappears. Well, he's not Lord Paramount anymore, according to the Iron Throne- Lord Petyr Baelish has been named Lord Paramount and granted Harrenhal. But, he is Lord of Riverrun with the Blackfish as his Castellan. Blackfish stayed at Riverrun with Robb's wife in the books, so it's good he had to take a piss. He has narrative to perform going forward.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Edmure is the Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, so he needs an heir. Lord Walder wants his grandson to inherit Riverrun and then be able to be the dominant force in the Riverlands with his heir at the Twins as well. But, once he has a son, his value disappears. Well, he's not Lord Paramount anymore, according to the Iron Throne- Lord Petyr Baelish has been named Lord Paramount and granted Harrenhal. But, he is Lord of Riverrun with the Blackfish as his Castellan. Blackfish stayed at Riverrun with Robb's wife in the books, so it's good he had to take a piss. He has narrative to perform going forward.

And like I said Edmure is taken captive only to be trotted out with threats of hanging if the Blackfish will not surrender Riverrun. Jamie eventually gets Edmure released, he goes back into Riverrun to surrender it, and Brynden escapes once again (a common event with this guy apparently). Who knows what final role Brynden will have but he seems to not be too catchable.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

cool stuff. thanks. :)

i hope edmure got to bang it out with that frey chick.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

cool stuff. thanks. :)

i hope edmure got to bang it out with that frey chick.

Yeah, he is in there having the time of his life with his [unexpectedly] hot frey wife. Has no idea that everything he holds dear is just downstairs being murdered.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great episode.

+1 to lionheart, this episode really made me feel bad for the starks, that family is pretty much done.

im also really glad i knew about the red wedding in advance, i think that would have really pissed me off had it been a surprise.

which makes me wonder, my brother said to me after the show, so pretty much the lanisters and dragon girl are all that are left.

i mean, there is still stannis, the wildlings and jon snow, but they are kind of second tier power. i really wonder how there can be 3.5 books left and only 2 real serious powers. and on top of that....
knowing what happens to joffrey and tywin, that should really weaken the lanister family. does not seem to leave much, unless the tyrells or boltons will rise. a lot of speculation.

Jon Snow? Second tier power?

And of course there is Arya. That little girl has so much rage in her. She is going to be the most dangerous (at least 1 on 1), mark my words

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jon Snow?  Second tier power?

And of course there is Arya.  That little girl has so much rage in her.  She is going to be the most dangerous (at least 1 on 1), mark my words

Jon is not a second tier power at this point in the story. He is, though, a major figure in the books. Much more major than a lot of the equal players on the show.

At this point the major characters in the book are Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Sansa, Davos, and Jaime, oh yeah and the plodding of Dany. They have made her much more interesting on the show.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Dany is much better in the show than in the books. I'm so tired of her in the books, that I'm just hoping she will die. She went from being one of my favorite characters to one of my least favorites thanks to her seeming paralysis.

At this point the major characters in the book are Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Sansa, Davos, and Jaime, oh yeah and the plodding of Dany. They have made her much more interesting on the show.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads