• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting that Tricker's site doesn't list 12.5 available. For that matter the catalog doesn't list 12.5 as an option. I assume they make 12.5 though. All the more reason to jump on this GMTO.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Outside of the sizing question, does anyone have any further questions that you'd like me to ask Richard while I write the E-Mail?

This is just a questions and current update E-Mail, nothing being finalised yet :)

Metrosey

Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone,

Richard is a bit busy so he shall give a full reply later. However, as he suggested a two part neck for the boot, his wife provided an image on what two part neck would look like (different colours though, so a bit hard to compare to our single colour version), images can be provided.

Does anyone have a preference between a two part and one part boot? All Trickers boots seem to normally be one part, just for reference.

Two Part

thumbnail_IMG_6075.jpg

One Part
thumbnail_IMG_6432.jpg

Last edited:

planetarium

Reaction score
Fittings? Like width or normal sizing?
Sorry, yes it's their term for width. My Grasmeres in 6 are decent, but I'd probably be even happier with a 7.

Incidentally, my question a few pages ago got lost: would anyone say that the 4444 is wider than the 4497s in the same size?

Metrosey

Reaction score
Sorry, yes it's their term for width. My Grasmeres in 6 are decent, but I'd probably be even happier with a 7.

Incidentally, my question a few pages ago got lost: would anyone say that the 4444 is wider than the 4497s in the same size?

In terms of width, they have to be the same. Trickers suggest (you may have already read this but I'll say in case not) for the 4444 Last
"These are a generous fit and therefore typically larger by half a size. So, if you normally take a UK size 8, we recommend you try a size 7½."

With the 4497s
"These are a generous fit but are true to a regular UK size."

In terms of physical fit, not sure, as I've not got any on the 4444 Last

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

Not sure they do a seven?

I asked Richard and he said normally they all need to be the same last etc but would ask the question.

Metrosey

Reaction score
Anyone have any preference on boot leg (one or two) or shall I just go with Richard's recommendation? I honestly don't have any preference @GMTO @MSAINT @zippyh @AnyILeftOut

Want to try and finish off the requirements list :)

jayvee

Reaction score
Anyone have any preference on boot leg (one or two) or shall I just go with Richard's recommendation? I honestly don't have any preference @GMTO @MSAINT @zippyh @AnyILeftOut

Want to try and finish off the requirements list :)

I am not sure I understand the leg thing? Do you have an example?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads