• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

westie187

Reaction score
Im going with Orange. I've seen pics of that color before- it is fantastic.

ike_hiking_boots

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cipresso looks like green?

I think the Orange is the standout colour - it's not really orange though, looks more like tan.

They look great, but are they £575 great?

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think the Orange is the standout colour - it's not really orange though, looks more like tan.

Wondering the same...am I better off with Viberg or Alden at this price point (having never owned Viberg or Trickers)

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There is also VAT back for non-uk customers, no? I had a pair of Tricker's teak cordovan. The cordovan quality is pretty good. Doesn't have the same acrylic finish as Alden cordovan. The finishing was better than Alden. But the 4497 is a strange last for me. I bought 1 size down from US and the length was ok, but a bit wide. Very comfortable at the start. Then as the boot breaks in, I started to get some downward pinching on my lateral toes. I thought it was just one pair, then it happened again on another pair of 4497. The feeling just never went away for me so they boots had to go. I now prefer to stick with Alden as I haven't had this experience with them.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
tricker lasts are a bit strange. ive tried the 4444, 4497, and the 2298 none of them fit me that great. 4497 feels too short, 2298 tight across the vamp, and 4444 tts too big, when sized down 1/2 too short

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Cipresso is dark green.

Orange is pretty orange in bright sun but looks sort of tan in other light. (Burgundy on the right.)

Mogano.

575GBP goes down to about 479GBP once you take off VAT.
YMMV with customs charges. Looks like they ship to US via FedEx so figure 8.5% customs + possible $25ish fees.

NorthCoast

Reaction score
^^That cispresso with fancy cap is my grail.

sask boot

Reaction score
I have gone from 10 pair of Aldens down to 5. I have truebalance, leydon, and aberdeen. No more barrie for me. Truebalance is a great boot last but barrie just seems a little off. Leydon and aberdeen fit and look great in my book but Alden just wants to make barrie these days. I now have four trickers and will be ordering a fifth this week. I have never had any finishing issues with Trickers and have had to return some Aldens with some obvious issues that should not have made it to the store. The five I am keeping are great but I don't like the hit and miss with Alden anymore. Trickers 4497 fits me great and to me is the best country boot last out there. I have one 4444 and I have to wear thick socks with them. I have some boots on the 2298 and they can go with denim or chinos. My love for trickers is going up.

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep, Cispresso is green.

Orange is phenomenal- varies from deep burnt orange to a medium brown, depending on lighting.

And yes, they're £575 great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads