• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Chanklebury

Reaction score
Down 1½ from Brannock?

I couldn't do that, I measure a (albeit 'generous') 9½ on a US calibrated Brannock, but wouldn't dream of taking a UK size 8 in the 4444. In actual fact, I could almost get away with a UK 9. If people are wearing these that much sized down I can only presume it is with light weight or dress sock not outdoor sock as intended..

Carson

Reaction score
I once sized up half a size (from 8 1/2 to 9) and the boot was annoyingly loose. Ended up selling here on SF. Wouldn't consider those if you're one full size smaller.
I've been enjoying that sizing mistake of yours quite a bit this last month, Prurient - thanks again!

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Down 1½ from Brannock? 

I couldn't do that, I measure a (albeit 'generous') 9½ on a US calibrated Brannock, but wouldn't dream of taking a UK size 8 in the 4444. In actual fact, I could almost get away with a UK 9. If people are wearing these that much sized down I can only presume it is with light weight or dress sock not outdoor sock as intended..

Yeah, but feet are funny things. I size more for width. I wear a 10D barrie but am probably more like a 9.5E.

Last edited:

Magnakai

Reaction score
Down 1½ from Brannock?

I couldn't do that, I measure a (albeit 'generous') 9½ on a US calibrated Brannock, but wouldn't dream of taking a UK size 8 in the 4444. In actual fact, I could almost get away with a UK 9. If people are wearing these that much sized down I can only presume it is with light weight or dress sock not outdoor sock as intended..
To be fair, that's from my trainer size. UK sizing is all over the place, I find EU sizing to be a bit more reliable. I'm 44, which normally translates to 9.5 or 10 for trainers. My 4444 8.5s are totally fine, but my 8.5 4497s are definitely a touch too small for my relatively wide feet. I'd be fine sizing up to 9 in those.

I do wear them with relatively lightweight socks as it happens.

Giannis

Reaction score
I wear numerous different sizes from 9,5 to 11 UK.

My churchs ryder iii are 10G and fit me well. I think the G is important for my feet cause I always get pain in the small toe.

What size would you think that it would be good for Trickers IIkley?

Pediwear suggested me 10,5 F for trickers and Loakes, after I gave them meaurements but I think 10.5 is going to be loose.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

red81

Reaction score
thank god there's no tricker's stockists in chicago. don't think i could hold out.

does anyone know if there's a stockist in chicago?

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent eBay score. Eaton boot in coffee.
This last is definitely a little wide. Length fit is great thou.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bobbo. Nice pickup. I think I was watching that auction. What is your US tts as I think these were a 8 UK 4497 last correct?

Thanks for the pic they look great!

Last edited:

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bobbo. Nice pickup. I think I was watching that auction. What is your US tts as I think these were a 8 UK 4497 last correct?

Thanks for the pic they look great!

Surprisingly US TTS is 9. Yes 4497 8UK.
Even though most people say size down to 7.5UK for the 4497 last. There is no way a 7.5 would fit me. The length is spot on.
Overall, Im happy with this boot though. My wife tells me its her favorite in my collection.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bobbo Thanks for the info. I am really wanting to venture into Trickers and it looks like the 4497 in an 8 may work

Your wife has good tastes. Look forward to seeing how the boots age. Have a great weekend

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I could find something like those outside my door - looks great!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads