• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Massachusetts

Reaction score
Just a heads up. Yesterday, Kafka accepted my order, processed my payment, and sent me a confirmation. Today, they sent me an email saying the Tricker's sale item is out of stock. Apparently their website is not "real time". Very disappointing.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Just a heads up. Yesterday, Kafka accepted my order, processed my payment, and sent me a confirmation. Today, they sent me an email saying the Tricker's sale item is out of stock. Apparently their website is not "real time". Very disappointing.

Bummer.
I checked a couple hours after I ordered yesterday and they were still on the site so I figured their site wasn't real time.
I was halfway expecting to wake up to a cancellation email but I was happy to see a shipping confirmation.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my shipping confirmation as well. I was hoping for Royal Mail to avoid some fees as it isn't mentioned on the site, but they sent it fedex. I know I'm gonna be dinged with something by them.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Got my shipping confirmation as well. I was hoping for Royal Mail to avoid some fees as it isn't mentioned on the site, but they sent it fedex. I know I'm gonna be dinged with something by them.

Just got a call from FedEx Trade Network guy.
They're the ones who do the customs clearance and tariff classification.

Apparently the Kafka description said "Men's leather brogues". He had no idea WTF a brogue was.
Anyway, I told him men's shoe, leather upper, rubber sole, not covering ankle, welted construction.
I think welted is the keyword to lead him down the path to a 5% tariff rather than 8.5% or more.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Apparently the Kafka description said "Men's leather brogues". He had no idea WTF a brogue was.
Anyway, I told him men's shoe, leather upper, rubber sole, not covering ankle, welted construction.
I think welted is the keyword to lead him down the path to a 5% tariff rather than 8.5% or more.

Delivering again haha, didn't answer his call but hopefully you got it was it Julio?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Delivering again haha, didn't answer his call but hopefully you got it was it Julio?

Ha. Don't remember his name. It was from the 417 area code.

dranguschu

Reaction score

I am so happy to join the big family of Tricker. these are the pairs of Stow / Malton I got this year. They are all very nice. Thank Richard from Shoehealer for this great service and recommendation !!!!

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Got a call from a lady at fedex today as well. I didn't know welted was the keyword I needed. I added they were leather upper with rubber soles for walking that cover part of the ankle. I really hate fedex.

wombus

Reaction score
anyone has experience with trickers quilp? how does it fit compared to 4444 or alden modified last?
and has anyone ordered from this retailer in japan?

http://store.nonsect-radical.com/?mode=cate&cbid=1053685&csid=0&sort=n

The shoes/boots look to be on a much flatter toe box last than a 4497 (they're the only Trickers I have). Also keep in mind that as they are a Japanese retailer, they could be a semi-custom last aimed at asians who will typically have narrower feet than caucasians.

I'd also be asking why are you considering ordering through them, the prices are astronomical at somewhere between US$800-950 which is more than you would pay for a one off MTO through someone like Shoehealer (or direct with Trickers).

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I saw that guy too. Since he has a NY address I bet a bunch of Brunello Cucinelli shoes (by Trickers) hit Woodbury Commons and he's flipping them. I actually debated pulling the trigger on these but got the C&J boots from Barneys instead. Pretty nice BIN of $242 NWT for boots that retailed for $1060.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221234084474?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I saw that guy too. Since he has a NY address I bet a bunch of Brunello Cucinelli shoes (by Trickers) hit Woodbury Commons and he's flipping them. I actually debated pulling the trigger on these but got the C&J boots from Barneys instead. Pretty nice BIN of $242 NWT for boots that retailed for $1060.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221234084474?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I've bought stuff from that dude before.
His prices are usually pretty good.

I wonder how old those Tricker's are.
I remember a long time ago that Cucinelli stores carried Tricker's. But then a while ago they started carrying their own brand of made in Italy Tricker's lookalikes.

Last edited:

The7Ups

Reaction score
Herring Shoes have some dark brown espresso bourtons on sale, 7.5 and 8.5 5/F fit at the moment, 260GBP so 100 below current UK retail:

http://www.herringshoes.co.uk/produ...4248&selectedsizeid=6&selectedfitid=2&stype=1

Also Shoehealer indicated in a recent mail shot that they are expecting Trickers to put up prices over the summer.

Herrings have just added some black Regents also so I think their summer sale might be kicking off.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads