• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Tricker's for the rainy days:
8728945544_858b6b16c7.jpg

Great boots, I'm gonna have to grab a pair soon.

These are my latest addition to the collection, another vintage pair, this time a high leg gorse calf brogue boot with nine pairs of eyelets instead of the usual seven found these days:

Last edited:

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With no luck you can get the 10/10 at sale. Problem is Tricker's factory price is a standard sales prices everywhere twice a year.

Take a look at this shoe as an example, left shoe - or on the picture right shoe. No-one wants to pay GBP 265.00 for this. Why even bother standardizing prices on seconds this close to full retail?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/Trickers-siz...Rt/$T2eC16VHJGQFFhvhl+LiBRePRsSuWg~~60_57.JPG

Totally understand if you live in the UK and can get to the Tricker's stores for sales. For those of us in the US, Retrickers is a pretty good deal. And as said, the special makeups are fun.

For what it's worth, I've purchased twice and cannot find the defect on one pair. On the other, they told me that they didn't like how the finishing turned out, but I think it is fine, and it polished over no problem.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
hey guys just as a heads up, if you ordered from haberdash they only convert half a size down for the US (ie: 10 US on their site is 9.5 UK). just called to have my order swapped.

Mazzasan

Reaction score
Looking to purchase my first pair of Trickers and have some basic questions. I'm looking for a plain derby and was wondering what the difference is between the Kendal and Woodstock? I normally wear a size 10 in most of my running shoes i.e. New Balance, Asics, etc. and 10 in Allen Edmonds; 10 is my Brannock size. Unfortunately the shoe is not available in my city and i'll have to order online - would i need a 9 or 9.5 UK? Thanks for your help.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I think Kendall and Woodstock are pretty much the same.

I'd guess a 9.5uk will be too big.

Last edited:

modernman76

Reaction score
I wear the same size as you, and I've found that 8 1/2 UK is damn near perfect and a 9 UK works fine as well (especially boots). No smaller or larger, or they are uncomfortable.

ykim888

Reaction score
Dear SF members,

I have been reading this forum with great interest and am looking to purchase some Tricker's boots. But, before I do, I was wondering if you guys could please give me some info. I would like to know how much do the leather boots stretch, as well as the suede? If any of the members could please give me some info, I will greatly appreciate it.

Ryan.

MSAINT

Reaction score
Hi ykim888! Quality leather shoes don't stretch a lot, a few millimeters only, they will stretch the most when worn as warm leather expands as wells as your feet but, don't hope for a half size (or less) gain with Tricker's.

striker

Reaction score
Trickers don't really stretch much. Their leather used for boots is thicker than other brands, especially the gorse calf. Don't hope for stretching to fit the shoe. they should fit from the start. If you have wide feet, they offer a range of widths.

Mazzasan

Reaction score
Recently purchased my first Trickers, a pair of Kendals. Really like the thick double sole, feel like I can go to battle with these shoes. However, aesthetically i think I like the look of a natural sole/welt. Has anyone sanded off the painted colour off their soles to arrive at a more natural look? Is it something i should consider doing myself? Thanks for your help.

CTBrummie

Reaction score
Recently purchased my first Trickers, a pair of Kendals. Really like the thick double sole, feel like I can go to battle with these shoes. However, aesthetically i think I like the look of a natural sole/welt. Has anyone sanded off the painted colour off their soles to arrive at a more natural look? Is it something i should consider doing myself? Thanks for your help.

Only if you're able to 'seal' it after sanding it down. I think they use some kind of wax to do this, and not just wax polish...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
London Banker