• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Stswervus

Reaction score
First pair of Tricker's arrived today. Love them so far. Comfy right out of the box. Think I got lucky with the size as they are roomy but not too big. Did a fair amount of walking in them today and they were great. I have high arches which results in a high volume foot. The Tricker's have plenty of room. Thanks for looking. I'm a happy boy!

For comparison:
Tricker's Stow boot in Kudu. Snuff is the color(shown below)- size 8.5 UK
My trail run shoes are Altra LPs- size 10 US
Sanitas clogs(work shoes)- 43 Euro sizing
Asolo hiking boots and fast hike boots- 10 US
Alden Color 8 cap toe shoes- 9 B/D don't remember which last

Attachments

• IMG_6927.JPG
    IMG_6927.JPG
    240 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6929.jpg
    IMG_6929.jpg
    278.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_6938.jpg
    IMG_6938.jpg
    470.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

Fenners81

Reaction score
First pair of Tricker's arrived today. Love them so far. Comfy right out of the box. Think I got lucky with the size as they are roomy but not too big. Did a fair amount of walking in them today and they were great. I have high arches which results in a high volume foot. The tricker's have plenty of room. Thanks for looking. I'm a happy boy!

For comparison:
Tricker's Stow boot in Kudu. Snuff is the color(shown below)- size 8.5 UK
My trail run shoes are Altra LPs- size 10 US
Sanitas clogs(work shoes)- 43 Euro sizing
Asolo hiking boots and fast hike boots- 10 US
Alden Color 8 cap toe shoes- 9 B/D don't remember which last
Thanks for the size comparisons. Based on your Altra LP size you've confirmed my view that I'll be a 9uk in Stows. The boots look great by the way.

Flackman24

Reaction score
still trying to break in my first three pairs of trickers boots that i bought a month and a half ago. They are all still giving me similar problems. Uppers fit perfect. It’s actually the footbeds that are killing my heel specifically. The place i bought them from says i am in stage 1 of 10 for breaking them in and it could take me six months before my feet stop hurting.

Has it taken anybody six months to get the foot bed to shape to your foot? I keep seeing people say they’re comfortable right out of the box! Or at worst that it takes them “a few good wears” and they start feeling much better. Not at all my experience.

Fenners81

Reaction score
still trying to break in my first three pairs of trickers boots that i bought a month and a half ago. They are all still giving me similar problems. Uppers fit perfect. It’s actually the footbeds that are killing my heel specifically. The place i bought them from says i am in stage 1 of 10 for breaking them in and it could take me six months before my feet stop hurting.

Has it taken anybody six months to get the foot bed to shape to your foot? I keep seeing people say they’re comfortable right out of the box! Or at worst that it takes them “a few good wears” and they start feeling much better. Not at all my experience.
I have a pair of Bourtons which are a year old now. They look great, but I'd be lying if I said they were my most comfortable shoes as they weigh a tonne and as you say are pretty firm under-foot. I use pedag metatarsal pads for supporting the transverse arch as I have high arches but this won't help your heel issue. Going for 3 pairs as your first purchase was a bold move.

Flackman24

Reaction score
I have a pair of Bourtons which are a year old now. They look great, but I'd be lying if I said they were my most comfortable shoes as they weigh a tonne and as you say are pretty firm under-foot. I use pedag metatarsal pads for supporting the transverse arch as I have high arches but this won't help your heel issue. Going for 3 pairs as your first purchase was a bold move.
If the heel would form to my foot, they would fit like a charm. I just don’t know if they will keep breaking in, or if this is how they’ll stay. And indeed, i am feeling unwise with my three pair purchase at this point.

Fenners81

Reaction score
If the heel would form to my foot, they would fit like a charm. I just don’t know if they will keep breaking in, or if this is how they’ll stay. And indeed, i am feeling unwise with my three pair purchase at this point.
I'm sure the seasoned Trickerphiles on here will furnish you with some words of reassurance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Staff online

Forum statistics