• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caramel Kudu Bourtons with the socks matching the ugly office carpet.
20220309_121547.jpg
20220309_121607.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! What sole is on these? The current collection uses ridgeway I'm pretty sure.
These are on brown dainite and they seem to be from the initial run.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

basu13

Reaction score
SSo
I like the Ridgeway too, have it on 4 pairs (non-Trickers).

Does Ridgeway have the same slipping problem as studded Dainite ? I just got a pair with Ridgeway and have not tried it on wet surfaces at all yet since there is no rainy weather now.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does Ridgeway have the same slipping problem as studded Dainite ? I just got a pair with Ridgeway and have not tried it on wet surfaces at all yet since there is no rainy weather now.

My experience in rainy Singapore is that ridgeway performs much better than the studded dainite, even while transitioning from wet road to tiled building lobby. I am also generally careful in any case. Havent encountered any slippage with the Ridgeway so far.

bemk

Reaction score
My experience in rainy Singapore is that ridgeway performs much better than the studded dainite, even while transitioning from wet road to tiled building lobby. I am also generally careful in any case. Havent encountered any slippage with the Ridgeway so far.

That's my experience also: More grip with the Ridgeway sole. I'm living in rural Germany with rare ice and snow, so walking the streets with the Dainite is not an issue at all, however entering wet marble is a bit like skating on ice.

GherkinsGround

Reaction score
SSo

I have slipped on a very smooth wet log with the Ridgeway. I think I would have slipped regardless of the footwear as the wood was so smooth and wet (I didn’t fall over just slipped one leg off the log). I’ve found it very grippy in other situations such as on rocks and mud. It definitely has more traction than the Studded.
Both traditionally made for the golf course.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ridgeway feels softer to me for whatever reason. I tend to think I feel more shock on pavement with dainite. Would be all for more Tricker's with ridgeway in the future as I think I prefer it over both commando and dainite.

basu13

Reaction score
Ridgeway feels softer to me for whatever reason. I tend to think I feel more shock on pavement with dainite. Would be all for more Tricker's with ridgeway in the future as I think I prefer it over both commando and dainite.
Agree- I did feel Ridgeway to be softer on my Carlos Santos boots from the get go, as compared to the studded Dainite on my Stows.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree- I did feel Ridgeway to be softer on my Carlos Santos boots from the get go, as compared to the studded Dainite on my Stows.
I really feel my feet smacking the ground with the dainite studded soles compared to some other options. That said I still find dainite plenty comfortable and wouldn't hesitate to buy more makeups that use it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads