• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My calf Tricker’s fit a lot more tightly than my CXL, Dublin, Chamois, ‘Unicorn’ Tricker’s. Especially pre-break in. The kudu Eatons are likely a 1/2 size small based on the other info provided. But due to the very soft and slightly stretchy nature of the kudu they fit fine. That’s just my guess.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tricker’s worn since last post.

I regret to inform you all that I have purchased two more pairs of Tricker’s. A standard black calf Bourton on dainite and the DR nut brown Dublin Stow.

D9C65BF8-15A3-4A92-93CC-3CC7932D538C.jpeg
730B342B-8FD7-44BA-987C-BEDAF6C3984F.jpeg
8E70AF9A-EE28-47D1-A99B-65D034297F9E.jpeg
39498376-1944-40F5-8C65-2039FBBD0BCC.jpeg

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Tricker’s worn since last post.

I regret to inform you all that I have purchased two more pairs of Tricker’s. A standard black calf Bourton on dainite and the DR nut brown Dublin Stow.

View attachment 1761989 View attachment 1761990 View attachment 1761991 View attachment 1761992

You were talking about sliding back & forth in your boots. It looks like your facings are as close together as possible, so I'm guessing you have quite narrow feet? Maybe that accounts for the movement?

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You were talking about sliding back & forth in your boots. It looks like your facings are as close together as possible, so I'm guessing you have quite narrow feet? Maybe that accounts for the movement?
My brannock size is 9.5D. These are UK 8.5. Besides the quarters on Tricker’s being designed to be close my feet are lower volume and lower instep. I could go down to a UK 8, but then they’d be a little on the short side length wise. And likely less friendly toward my pinky toes and big toes.

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
My brannock size is 9.5D. These are UK 8.5. Besides the quarters on Tricker’s being designed to be close my feet are lower volume and lower instep. I could go down to a UK 8, but then they’d be a little on the short side length wise. And likely less friendly toward my pinky toes and big toes.

I'm about the same size, but fairly high instep. You can see in my photo on the previous page wearing the Sign Kudu the difference in spacing. These are also 8.5 UKs. My feet are not moving around at all, at least in ways they shouldn't. Since we both wear 8.5s and if these don't work out for you....;)

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm about the same size, but fairly high instep. You can see in my photo on the previous page wearing the Sign Kudu the difference in spacing. These are also 8.5 UKs. My feet are not moving around at all, at least in ways they shouldn't. Since we both wear 8.5s and if these don't work out for you....;)
Haha. Noted. The most loose pair for me is a pair you already own if I’m remembering correctly. The Dean boots in bronze unicorn. The quarters aren’t as far apart for you in the pictures you’ve posted of that pair. So you may be able to understand why that particular makeup isn’t the best fitting for me. Still workable.

SumDude

Reaction score

bemk

Reaction score
Now you just need something in Sign and Moss. 😅 😅 😅

Haha, thank you! 👊

I had worries they could be too reddish for my taste, but I like the balance of brown and red and when I opened the box I said loudly "YES!". The first picture features a stronger sun, which amplifies the red, the second picture meets more my overall impression of the colour and the tonal darkness.

Don't know if I had made the exchange, if these had been Sign Kudu. Moss! Yeah, I have seen the new Kudu Moss Stow and got pretty nervous. Probably. Maybe.
Originally I thought I should add a Stow in Espresso, but I have a Burford and Bourton in Espresso and these Polo Kudus rendered that idea obsolete, at least for a while. And I also have a Stow and Bourton in Acorn, so there' some variety in the Tricker's corner. Black Burfords are guaranteed for me, the rest will somehow happen. :-D

Vamp-ire

Reaction score
So I have a chance at getting a pair of trickers stowe in like new condition for $200, fair deal? I feel I'm being stingy as I try to pay sub $200 for trickers.

I also have no idea how the preowned market is for them at the moment, ebay shows $150 - $250

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads