• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Brian Gray

Reaction score
Hi, guys! Great forum!
Let me start with question about my Barbour Int. Original waxed jacket.
After summer in closet, it has some odd smell. It seems that wax smell every new jacket has developed into something.. not so great.

How do I get rid of that?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys! Great forum!
Let me start with question about my Barbour Int. Original waxed jacket.
After summer in closet, it has some odd smell. It seems that wax smell every new jacket has developed into something.. not so great.

How do I get rid of that?

You don’t! Leave it, it’s character and that famous Barbour smell.

But you really don’t like it, spray it with vodka or febreeze then leave it outside in the shade for a few days. It won’t be permanent but it’ll help slightly.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kamil1987

Reaction score
@HollyJoint
From short jackets I like (and have) Duke. Very Classic Moto/military style. They also have winter Duke with drywax finish.
From longer jackets I prefer Ashby over Beaufort and you can buy separate polarquilt liner to ZIP in.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beyond the Beaufort and Bedale classics what other Barbour coats are worth buying? For fall / winter, do you recommend any of these models that are on this site? https://www.endclothing.com/eu/sale/jackets?brand=109&p=1&size_toggle=small&size_label=266869

Northumbria is the best Barbour ever made.

FBA68EB0-5D7A-42F7-8B72-33CBF7642CD3.jpeg
E08B755B-982B-472D-B84F-7E7822BE3BF5.jpeg
46DA99B1-BF14-4B18-B076-1E1BD8914036.jpeg

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Beyond the Beaufort and Bedale classics what other Barbour coats are worth buying? For fall / winter, do you recommend any of these models that are on this site? https://www.endclothing.com/eu/sale/jackets?brand=109&p=1&size_toggle=small&size_label=266869
In addition to my Bedale, I have the following (I live in the city so they're more 'urban'):
-Northolt (more fitted winter coat which works for me as I have a smaller frame)
-ToKiTo Sports Jacket
-ToKiTo Driving Jacket (I find it a practical jacket with a comfortable fit)
-Heritage Liddesdale

In the country, longer coats like the Northumbria, previously mentioned, are likely more useful.

HollyJoint

Reaction score
In addition to my Bedale, I have the following (I live in the city so they're more 'urban'):
-Northolt (more fitted winter coat which works for me as I have a smaller frame)
-ToKiTo Sports Jacket
-ToKiTo Driving Jacket (I find it a practical jacket with a comfortable fit)
-Heritage Liddesdale

In the country, longer coats like the Northumbria, previously mentioned, are likely more useful.

I also live in the city, and I really liked the Northolt, it looks like a sturdy coat and that woolen interior should warm up a lot in the winter.

I was determined to buy the classic Bedale, but it's out of stock now.

Do you use your Bedale well in the city? I really like it, but in fact it is a country jacket and it was produced for horse riding ..

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also live in the city, and I really liked the Northolt, it looks like a sturdy coat and that woolen interior should warm up a lot in the winter.

I was determined to buy the classic Bedale, but it's out of stock now.

Do you use your Bedale well in the city? I really like it, but in fact it is a country jacket and it was produced for horse riding ..
Northolt works well but be aware it runs fitted, as it's part of the Greatcoat line (also, the lining is synthetic but still does a great job for warmth).

My Bedale and Northolt are probably my workhorses, especially if I'm going to be carrying stuff or getting dirty (e.g., taking my dog to the park or muddied somewhere). I'm only 5'5" so the Bedale has enough length to work well for me (I can even have it over my 38S suit jacket without it showing). The only thing with the Bedale is everyone has one in NYC but mine is sage so it's less common.

cornbread

Reaction score
Hi guys-was wondering if anyone could identify a barbour model for me from some pictures. It was a jacket originally posted on Grailed which I was going to buy, but the listing got removed. I've attached some images below. Kind of looks like a beaufort frame to me but with different buttons, pockets, some quilted inner lining on the bottom interior, and a single vent in the back. If anyone could identify the model, it would be most appreciated!

Pics below

Barbour1.jpg
Barbour2.jpg
Barbour3.jpg
Barbour4.jpg

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience washing their Liddesdale? It’s poly so I assume it’s safe... washed my quilted gillet in the past and it was okay.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys-was wondering if anyone could identify a barbour model for me from some pictures. It was a jacket originally posted on Grailed which I was going to buy, but the listing got removed. I've attached some images below. Kind of looks like a beaufort frame to me but with different buttons, pockets, some quilted inner lining on the bottom interior, and a single vent in the back. If anyone could identify the model, it would be most appreciated!

Pics below

View attachment 1036338 View attachment 1036339 View attachment 1036340 View attachment 1036341

The name should always be in either the inside pocket or inside the bellow pockets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics