• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

blackhope39

Reaction score
It’ll stay the same in the most part. The more you have in your pockets, the more it’ll say ever so slightly. Barbours are built to survive a nuclear bomb, don’t worry.

Ok thank you! I'm actually really happy with the fit of my jacket. I was just concerned the fit wouldn't last like that for a long time. And I'm actually not a fan of bedales that are really slim fitting.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok thank you! I'm actually really happy with the fit of my jacket. I was just concerned the fit wouldn't last like that for a long time. And I'm actually not a fan of bedales that are really slim fitting.
Nah man, you’re golden. Don’t worry about the fit, it’ll mold to you over time.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The jacket does look fine. Some like to have the knit cuff showing, which will likely be the look on you. The Ashby is the alternative which will add longer sleeves and a longer length. Both should work on you depending on what purpose/look you are going for.

blackhope39

Reaction score
The jacket does look fine. Some like to have the knit cuff showing, which will likely be the look on you. The Ashby is the alternative which will add longer sleeves and a longer length. Both should work on you depending on what purpose/look you are going for.
Thank you!

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barbour has a store on Walnut Street, about 2 blocks up from Broad. Have you tried one there? It's a great store, very helpful staff..

I did. That's where I found the Steve Mcqueen jacket. I've never really been interested in Barbour before and I thought I'd check it out. They were very helpful and very nice.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Liddesdale, 3x Borders & Beaufort all vintage 'Made in England' arriving this week.

If anyone is a medium or large and looking for any of these, let me know. Apart from the Beaufort, thats mine.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Collection so far.

D06D0D2D-0B71-4E0A-B3F8-1EE88E5DA2EA.jpeg

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is after winter the best time to send a jacket in for rewaxing? I guess summer is an option...

FYI I was able to get my hands on a handful of NWT Barbour International jackets in medium if anyone is interested!

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is after winter the best time to send a jacket in for rewaxing? I guess summer is an option...

FYI I was able to get my hands on a handful of NWT Barbour International jackets in medium if anyone is interested!
Yes. I’d think so! I’m on the fence about sending my Beaufort in for sleeve lengthening as it’s a 6 week turnaround right now.

Where are you based?

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes. I’d think so! I’m on the fence about sending my Beaufort in for sleeve lengthening as it’s a 6 week turnaround right now.

Where are you based?
I need to send mine in too. I think when it hits the dead of winter it might be a good time. I don't really wear my Beaufort out when it's colder than 35F/1C.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent pickups with proper shots.

92DEB726-DECB-42C5-87C3-18D8C8E8C401.jpeg

C0A4AC81-DFEF-456C-BEB7-08E920AB3FD8.jpeg

5F1E7705-A3CB-4AC8-83FF-721985284DF5.jpeg

90A5F75B-5847-48ED-8AA4-06EC1E29680C.jpeg

293C9C9E-B601-43D8-BCDF-60866246FB0A.jpeg

6203225F-1022-4019-84EB-29AC235770CC.jpeg

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always been on the fence about the Dress Gordon tartan. Although it's a fan favorite, I've preferred the Ancient tartan on the sage.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always been on the fence about the Dress Gordon tartan. Although it's a fan favorite, I've preferred the Ancient tartan on the sage.

I wish Barbour would bring back the Dress Gordon. Apparently its too readily available for fakes or something.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish Barbour would bring back the Dress Gordon. Apparently its too readily available for fakes or something.
Yeah, the Dress Gordon was not patented (or whatever the technical term) for only Barbour use and I believe that's why they changed it. I guess the white/green contrast has always seem loud to me but it does catch my attention and respect when I see one... I'm like "that's OG."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads