• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Try Kafka.co.uk
They have some Japanese market and some SLs.
Code PRESALE takes off 30% too.

"Slim cut" for Barbour just means it's not baggy AF. Even the SLs aren't what I'd call slim.

Dean Keaton

Reaction score
The "Classic" is still regular cut no? I thought it's just a way to describe the Sylkoil olive fabric?

They still make SL but in random markets, many in the Southeast. Some seasonal lines are made in SL. Macy's had a couple of alternative Bedales in SL. I also just picked up an Barbour International Fog in SL. They're out there but maybe not readily...

The Bedale SL is available in some European shops. However the Beaufort is really hard to come by unfortunately.

SL is Japanese? But Classic is the only way to go, slim cut Barbour? It’s sacrilege.

Slim cut? It just doesn't fit like a tent.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on what you use it for, I find Barbour very versatile. I have the Bedale that is in my regular size and it's great when I want to be comfortable or plan to do be out.

For the urban routine, I use my ToKiTo jackets because they're more practical and because of the Mary Poppins pockets, I rarely need to bring a bag.

The unfortunate part is the more wax jackets I get, the less use I have of my wool coats, save for work situations when I wear them over suits/sports jackets.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Depending on what you use it for, I find Barbour very versatile. I have the Bedale that is in my regular size and it's great when I want to be comfortable or plan to do be out.

For the urban routine, I use my ToKiTo jackets because they're more practical and because of the Mary Poppins pockets, I rarely need to bring a bag.

The unfortunate part is the more wax jackets I get, the less use I have of my wool coats, save for work situations when I wear them over suits/sports jackets.

I haven’t used my overcoat in a very long time. I just use one of my barbours instead.

Kamil1987

Reaction score
I haven’t used my overcoat in a very long time. I just use one of my barbours instead.

I am in search of Barbour jacket which main purpose would be an overcoat. I am 6'1" and 185 lbs so my desired size is I guess L or 42".
I am choosing between Bedale or Ashby, but recently I heard about Bedale SL. Which of them is long enough to cover bottom of suit jacket ? I know that Beaufort is long enough, but I am afraid of baggy look of it.

Many thanks !

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in search of Barbour jacket which main purpose would be an overcoat. I am 6'1" and 185 lbs so my desired size is I guess L or 42".
I am choosing between Bedale or Ashby, but recently I heard about Bedale SL. Which of them is long enough to cover bottom of suit jacket ? I know that Beaufort is long enough, but I am afraid of baggy look of it.

Many thanks !
For your height, neither will cover a suit jacket.

If you're not a fan of the baggy belly of the Beaufort, try the Border. That is essentially, a longer Bedale without vents.

Kamil1987

Reaction score
For your height, neither will cover a suit jacket.

If you're not a fan of the baggy belly of the Beaufort, try the Border. That is essentially, a longer Bedale without vents.

Fair enough ! I will try both Beaufort and Border then... Thank you for prompt answer !

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair enough ! I will try both Beaufort and Border then... Thank you for prompt answer !
No worries, PM me if you need anything else.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to consider "non-traditional" (e.g., Bedale, Beaufort) Barbours and look at their seasonal lines. The Ashby, depending if it's long enough, may hit the sweet spot as it's slimmer than the Bedale and has longer sleeves; however, armholes might be high. Beaufort would be the one I'd recommend out of the classics.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might want to consider "non-traditional" (e.g., Bedale, Beaufort) Barbours and look at their seasonal lines. The Ashby, depending if it's long enough, may hit the sweet spot as it's slimmer than the Bedale and has longer sleeves; however, armholes might be high. Beaufort would be the one I'd recommend out of the classics.

Beaufort is the best period, that game pocket has saved me when I didn’t bring a bag for shopping so many times!

Kamil1987

Reaction score

MrUnderwood

Reaction score
Hi guys

I own a Barbour heritage quilt in navy which has become the jacket that i actually wear on most days. I would like to add another then i am wearing navy jeans as i am not entirely comfortable wearing navy jacket with navy jeans.

Have any of you any experience with the Devon quilt in terms of fitting?

Also, are there other jackets that would recommend that i try (the wax ones are not my cup of tea after trying them). I am on the business casual dress side of things if that matters.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the Liddesdale but I don't think that they make it in any other color besides Navy. Barbour makes lots of quilts; Chelsea and Powell are nice although they're hip length and I'm not sure if your preference is something longer.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could look for an eskdale?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads