• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the Dress Gordon was not patented (or whatever the technical term) for only Barbour use and I believe that's why they changed it. I guess the white/green contrast has always seem loud to me but it does catch my attention and respect when I see one... I'm like "that's OG."

I love it, so 80s. That’s why my Beaufort above has it: OG.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
won't the different zip 'style' be a problem? It doesn't look like the new warm pile lining zip.
Shouldn’t be a problem. Your jacket is the zip in option right?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That liner should work well on the standard ones like the Bedales. The zip in liners don't all ways match up with the seasonal styles though.

D-grey

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new here in the forum.

Read most of the thread on Barbour's sizing and still not sure what my size is. I'm planning on getting an Original Barbour International in size 40 and an Ashby in medium on sale at End. I'm usually a size 42 on suits but I size down to 40 on my regular bedale, the arms and body length were a bit short but the body was still loose, still looks alright. With the heritage liddesdale I'm a medium, I tried the SL bedale and I'm a 42, with my other jackets I'm mostly a size medium (battenwear) to large (vetra) , 40 in sterlingwear and 40 in buzz rickson duffle coat.

I don't plan on putting a lot of layers since I live in Sydney where 16 degrees is considered cold. Plus I already have a bedale for layering. Thanks in advance guys and merry Christmas!

Last edited:

evolved

Reaction score
Any insight into sizing comparisons between the Dept B Commander jacket and the Bristol? I've got the Commander in medium, and am thinking of getting the Bristol in the same size. Anyone have the two (or experience with them) to know of any big difference?

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any insight into sizing comparisons between the Dept B Commander jacket and the Bristol? I've got the Commander in medium, and am thinking of getting the Bristol in the same size. Anyone have the two (or experience with them) to know of any big difference?
Don't have the Bristol but it looks like it's part of the standard line. I have the ToKiTo Sports Jacket, which the Commander was based on and it runs fitted. I have a feeling the Bristol may be noticeably more generous.

If you plan just a single layer then it may be fine. Hope it works!

Dean Keaton

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new Barbour after quite some time. Does anyone know what happend to the SL line? I was looking for an SL Beaufort in Sage and I can't find it anywhere... Does a silm version of Beaufort exist anymore?

Sizing down is not an option since I am tall and the sleeves are already kind of 3/4 :)

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a new Barbour after quite some time. Does anyone know what happend to the SL line? I was looking for an SL Beaufort in Sage and I can't find it anywhere... Does a silm version of Beaufort exist anymore?

Sizing down is not an option since I am tall and the sleeves are already kind of 3/4 :)

Classic Beaufort is what you want.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "Classic" is still regular cut no? I thought it's just a way to describe the Sylkoil olive fabric?

They still make SL but in random markets, many in the Southeast. Some seasonal lines are made in SL. Macy's had a couple of alternative Bedales in SL. I also just picked up an Barbour International Fog in SL. They're out there but maybe not readily...

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The "Classic" is still regular cut no? I thought it's just a way to describe the Sylkoil olive fabric?

They still make SL but in random markets, many in the Southeast. Some seasonal lines are made in SL. Macy's had a couple of alternative Bedales in SL. I also just picked up an Barbour International Fog in SL. They're out there but maybe not readily...

SL is Japanese? But Classic is the only way to go, slim cut Barbour? It’s sacrilege.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads