• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the labeling on the inside of my new Classic Bedale is like this? It only has two crowns and entirely differs from my Beaufort.
Thanks!

The Duke of Edinburgh passed away, so the warrant had to be stripped.

conqueror

Reaction score
thought this was pretty cool: returned home from work in a (plain navy) beaufort and the night vision/IR in my newly-installed video doorbell switched on.

Attachments

• IMG_3684.JPG
    IMG_3684.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 235

Mercurio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good one! The only dilemma is choosing the right size...
You can write to them asking for advice, they are usually quite helpful.

Take your measurements beforehand, usually shoulder, pit to pit, and sleeve length on a good-fitting jacket, but in any case, the general recommendation is to size up if you want to be able to move. ;)

[email protected]

HollyJoint

Reaction score
I have some barbour coats and I am very happy with them, but I wanted to know how is the quality of the wools?
Round collar and thick wool v neck
Is it recommended?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some barbour coats and I am very happy with them, but I wanted to know how is the quality of the wools?
Round collar and thick wool v neck
Is it recommended?
Scottish made ones are very good.

ULCajun

Reaction score
Mallin & Son isn’t doing repairs and modifications right now. Does anyone have experience with Wax Jacket Cleaning Company in the UK?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mallin & Son isn’t doing repairs and modifications right now. Does anyone have experience with Wax Jacket Cleaning Company in the UK?

Don’t bother. Hit up Oily Jack

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads