• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC Co-ops Suck

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So, I lived my whole adult live in a condo with no staff and I made out just fine, I kind of feel like pushing back on the BS so far and on't mind alienating myself from the blowhard of a super. I can unclog my own damn toilet.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I mean, I don’t even know what to say. I’m way too low class to live in a building with this kind of stuff, but wow, can’t say I’d ever want to! Buyer’s remorse?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I mean, I don’t even know what to say. I’m way too low class to live in a building with this kind of stuff, but wow, can’t say I’d ever want to! Buyer’s remorse?
It seems half the building is second homes, the filled units are 80 year old singles and then us hip “young” thangs. The apartment is great but we just need to push and pull a bit to show we don’t work for the staff.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems half the building is second homes, the filled units are 80 year old singles and then us hip “young” thangs. The apartment is great but we just need to push and pull a bit to show we don’t work for the staff.
It sounds very quiet.
Plus, you have the fragrances to mask that old people smell...

jack webb

Reaction score
A previous condo I lived in had a rule governing when move-ins and move-outs could take place (not on weekends, for instance), but all that hassle about receiving packages sounds absurd. The Amazon guy might show up at noon or 6:00 PM. Are you supposed to sit home all day for a delivery?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
This could be my new favorite thread.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There have been some other annoyances with this super I don’t feel like going into because it makes me mad.

We recently sent a bunch of drawings to the building engineer to see if they will allow us to move forward. It’s taking a long time for something that he just needs to “yes” or “no”. Also we have to pay him by the hour to do this and it is a black box because the building management is the middleman. How do we ensure he’s billing us correctly? I’ve seen the building management’s office and it is sick so I suspect they are in cahoots.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I think you need to give the super a nickname and only address him with it.

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member