• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nov 2017 VASS SHOES BNIB - VARIETY OF SIZES

Nov 2017 VASS SHOES BNIB - VARIETY OF SIZES

arahat

Reaction score

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Which would be the widest shoe that you have? How many cms is it across the widest part of the sole please?
For my information which last has the widest fit amongst those that they make please?

Staxxx1

Reaction score
So sorry if it sounded rather vague. I am a new member here and wasn't sure if it was appropriate posting a rather wide-encompassing WTB request on the Buy and Sell thread.
I am looking for a whole set of nice shoes (no suede) in black, brown or burgundy leather. I threw out all my old ones. I am an 8.5 UK or possibly a 9UK but need a nice wide fit. My sole at it's widest point is 11.5 cms.
I am finding this difficult to source, hence have to be rather open to whatever is available.

arahat

Reaction score
I would say you are a size 42 to 43. The F, P2 and wider lasts would fit you best. I would also err on the large size for your first pair since you can easily resolve a larger pair of shoes with some decent aftermarket insoles.

I have a pair of antic cognac calf size 43 in the F last that will suit you in the wide G width option. Please note the photo below.

wide  .jpg

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Thank you. Have replied. Yes that seems to be a size worth trying - would love to know what else my choices may be.
I am assuming you refer to the cap toed pair on the right of the brown pair?

Last edited:

Staxxx1

Reaction score
Thank you. Have replied. Yes that seems to be a size worth trying - would love to know what else my choices may be.
I am assuming you refer to the cap toed pair on the right of the brown pair?
Or is it the brown wholecut (not sure if the throat a separate piece and can't see round the back). Anyway, it really is a handsome piece.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads