• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NJ cops are complete a**holes

dl20

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Actually, if all you out-of-staters would stay the **** out of our state, we wouldn't have any of these problems.

What can I tell you man. I drive from Manhattan to Philly on a regular basis. No choice other than to drive through your POS state. As I said, I try to do so as quick as possible.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

dl

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Lulz. I meant to sound like a dick in my posts. While I do believe the OP's case had little to do with safety or anything of that sort, I just wanted to state that it is the law. Since Thanksgiving I have seen at least twice as many cops on the road. I don't like driving in Jersey because there aren't as many signs as in PA. Not so much of a bother now that I have GPS, but in the past the lack of signs has gotten me really lost (I have terrible navigational skills). I don't mind Jersey outside of the cities and some coastal towns (DE beaches are better, IMO [bike lanes everywhere FTW]). Oh yes, and the cops I have dealt with in NJ have been dicks (as stated prior). I must say though, I fear getting pulled over most by cops in Maryland. Off-topic, but why do PA's speed limits have to be so ******* low?
ffffuuuu.gif

uhurit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
Actually, if all you out-of-staters would stay the **** out of our state, we wouldn't have any of these problems. If there's a line of cars in the left lane trying to pass some pace car asshole in the left lane who will not move out of the way to let the cars behind him pass, nine times out of ten the asshole has an out-of-state license plate. Just because the speed limit is 65, doesn't mean you can drive 65 in the left lane and not let everyone behind you pass.

So, no, we are not trying to get out of the "**** state of new jersey" as soon as possible, we just want YOU out as soon as possible.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Quoted for extreme belligerence

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I remember when I first started driving I got pulled over so many times for driving like a ******* asshole. 70% of the time cops let me off and were very cool, the other 30% of the time I was ticketed, and rightfully so. There was one occasion where I really felt that I had been fucked royally. I was driving down rt. 17 coming back from Wallington with a friend and the lane we were in turned into an exit lane without notice. As I changed lanes my car had just crossed the solid line and a cop was standing there pulling all the cars over who crossed. There must have been 30 cars pulled over on the side of the highway getting ticketed for "failure to turn."

As the officer approached my car and knocked on my window I took my seatbelt off to get my wallet out of my pocket and get the other documentation necessary. After I handed the cop my paperwork he asked me to step on my brakes and he informed me that my third brake light was out. When he returned he handed me a ticket for "failure to turn/marked course", having the tiny little brake light out in my rear window, and a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt even though he saw me remove it when he was next to my window. When he told me he gave me a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt and I contested it and he said "That's ok, you have your day in court to explain it to the judge" and walked away.

A few months later I had to go to court for all those tickets and got 4 points on my license, paid $400 in fines, and a 6 month probationary driving period.

Mr. Checks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eztantz
I do alot of driving on the NJ tpke and the Garden State pkwy & I gotta agree that NJ cops are pricks especially the state troopers. The last time I got pulled over the cop tried flirting with me - I think he gave me a ticket because I rejected him. WTF? I'm not ****. I admit that I did have one positive experience; about a year ago on a sunday afternoon a trooper on the pkwy clocked me at 88 mph and let me off with a warning (I told him I had serious bowel issues and was heading home - was a bunch of bullshit but it worked). I'm curious if any other states have only one cop per car - having two means they would have to answer up to one another although they are so 'fn' corrupt anyway it probably wouldn't make a difference. COP = cooltrucker I know some people were interested in a cocksucking smiley, I think we should just have a smiley with a police cap.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Denial?

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whusurdadi
My wife's brother had a boy last week, so we were driving up to New York to visit. I was falling asleep so my wife took over to let me take a nap. An hour later she wakes me up saying she's been pulled over.
BLAH BLAH BLAH

Keep RIGHT pass LEFT. On any highway in the ******* country. Your/her fault. Go home.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads