• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
all black supposedly releasing on the 26th too

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the VaporMax part of the running line? Or is part of the sportswear line? Just wondering if it's meant to be a performance shoe or more of a lifestyle shoe.

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nike and UA stock price getting crushed (and 3-stripes doing well). people buying less? short-term trend?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nike and UA stock price getting crushed (and 3-stripes doing well). people buying less? short-term trend?
Pretty much short time trend as most of the hype was on adidas in the last year because of all the NMD and Yeezy releases. I am sure this year it will start turning back to what it was before that. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
NMDs and UBs are actually easier to get now outside of the collabs so interest might be dwindling but then they'd probably just force more Yeezy colorways out.

Is the VaporMax part of the running line? Or is part of the sportswear line? Just wondering if it's meant to be a performance shoe or more of a lifestyle shoe.

It's being marketed as a performance running shoe but chances are it isn't going to be the best in that department.

And as for price, I a actually surprised Nike priced them at $190 considering the Air Max Flyknit from last year retailed for $220.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The thing that really pissed me off about Nike was when they announced the Nike Pro Hijab, and then said it won't release until 2018 like they need an entire ******* year to cut some poly into a hijab pattern.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is something I am really looking forward to try. Imagine if its really that good and light... They have so much option to put that on lifestyle models also. If they go the right way, boost will be forgotten very soon.

0.jpg

0.jpg

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

This is something I am really looking forward to try. Imagine if its really that good and light... They have so much option to put that on lifestyle models also. If they go the right way, boost will be forgotten very soon.
my understanding is that specific model isn't releasing to the public, it's just for their runners trying to break the 2hour mark for marathons but they are using that new cushioning called ZoomX which is confusing because supposedly it doesn't have any zoom bags, they should have just named it something else it is Nikes response to boost, Runners World said that they tested Boost with a 70% energy return but with zoomX they found an 85% energy return http://www.runnersworld.com/running...at-will-break-2-hours-in-the-marathon/slide/2 what's releasing is the VaporFly and ZoomFly

Last edited:

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my understanding is that specific model isn't releasing to the public, it's just for their runners trying to break the 2hour mark for marathons but they are using that new cushioning called ZoomX which is confusing because supposedly it doesn't have any zoom bags, they should have just named it something else

it is Nikes response to boost, Runners World said that they tested Boost with a 70% energy return but with zoomX they found an 85% energy return
http://www.runnersworld.com/running...at-will-break-2-hours-in-the-marathon/slide/2

what's releasing is the VaporFly and ZoomFly

Yes elite model is only for Nike athletes. But the material used for the midsole is the same also on the model that will release for Public. I am super excited even for those models. It is basically the same shoe, but the elite model is custom designed to the athlete's feet specifications to maximize performance. But I think what is the most important for Nike is the material of the midsole which is super light and responsive and it is just like a foam, so they can probably make almost any shape, not like for VaporMax where midsole shape depends on function.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads