• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't stand those outsoles. Don't understand the hype.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
gatorade color aside i like it - it let's the flyknit express that slipper shape really cleanly. it would be really cool if they could somehow make it more invisible but i'm guessing it just didn't work in clear.

it would be super cool if the outsole was even more segmented but i guess we're not there yet either.

Last edited:

wansui

Reaction score
nike-zoom-mw-posite-tiger-camo-01.jpg

Coulda posted in "Should I Buy" but I thought I would get better answers here. Anyone have experience with the Zoom Meriwether Posite?
My main concern would be it's suitability for warmer weather. Appreciate any info you guys could share.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by the Nike SNEAKEASY Pop-Up earlier today to check out the VaporMaxes in person

The tour begins with a room showcasing all previous Air Max models along with their history (sorry no pics), then moves onto the VaporMax section:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

After the tour, you get to enter a raffle for a chance to win some Air Maxes, design a VaporMax iD (if you booked an appointment), and place a pre-order for VaporMaxes.

The NikeiD room:

I got a chance to try on VaporMaxes

On feet:

Thoughts

• Weight: They are surprisingly super light, definitely the lightest Air Max model and in hand, feel very similar to Flyknit Lunars in terms of weight.
  • Flexibility: Extremely flexible because of the lack of a traditional foam midsole. I was testing this out by bending and twisting the shoe as if it were a pair of Nike City Knifes, and just being amazed by the flexibility. I'm sure Nike Free soles must have been a part of the research that went into making this sneaker.
  • Comfort: You really feel like you're walking on air bubbles (duh, you literally are), but this model much more so than all previous Air Maxes. The soles are very bouncy, but firm and responsive at the same time. And before you ask, "but how does it compare to Ultra Boost?" I'd say it's up there but different in a way and ultimately will depend on what you're looking for, whereas Ultra Boost is like say, a memory foam mattress in that when you take a step, your foot sinks into the plush, cushiony sole and the sole pushes back up when you lift kind of like a Lunar sole, the VaporMax sole has less of a give when you take a step but springs back quickly when you lift your foot up. I could be wrong but, when it comes to long term use, I think the VaporMax sole will fair better and still retain that bounciness just like the first day when you put them on.
  • Looks: The very first colorway, "Pure Platinum" was the perfect choice and really emphasizes how clean the shoe looks, paired with that awesome translucent sole, it looks like you're floating. The colorway reminds me of the Silver Bullet AM97s and that whole Y2K era of clothing/shoes and what designers thought people would be wearing in the new millennium, but updated to a softer light grey color similar to how some Sci-Fi films depict clothes and accessories in futuristic utopian societies.
  • Fit: I was walking around for a good portion of the day before trying them on and tried them in my usual 9.5 and they fit very well; the person helping me out said to go with my Flyknit Racer size and to me they fit pretty TTS. I wear the same size in these just like all my other Air Maxes and majority of Nikes. The weave feels tighter/denser than a pair of Flyknit Racers, which is a good thing IMO. A lot of people seem to not like padding around the ankle area of Flyknit runners and these are not padded around there, so good news for anyone who has that preference.
  • Price: They retail for $190.

I placed my pre-order for a pair and will be picking them up this Sunday, Air Max Day.

Hope this was helpful for you guys!

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They're really pushing these things man, nice write-up willy. Definitely not for me and I'm turned off by the constant upswing in base prices for nikes. I can't see myself spending $200 on air maxes when i used to buy frees for $85 a few years back.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 104 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads