• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2016-17 Thread

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I dont like Carolina because of the whole OBJ gay slurs and I'm-going-to-bring-a-bat-onto-the-field-and-intimidate-you thing.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How about the 2-minute touchdown non-celebration-celebrations? The boring fans? The 90's expansion team color?

If you don't like Carolina even a little bit and were in Carolina the past few months you would've gone insane.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I dont like Carolina because of the whole OBJ gay slurs and I'm-going-to-bring-a-bat-onto-the-field-and-intimidate-you thing. 

Were any of those claims substantiated? The only evidence is OBJ's own statements post-game after he acted like a petulant child and tried to deliberately injure another player which is far, far worse than calling someone a bad word. I don't find it unbelievable that they would use homophobic insults, they're football players after all, but unless it's captured on a mic I'm not taking that dickhead's words as fact.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Were any of those claims substantiated? The only evidence is OBJ's own statements post-game after he acted like a petulant child and tried to deliberately injure another player which is far, far worse than calling someone a bad word. I don't find it unbelievable that they would use homophobic insults, they're football players after all, but unless it's captured on a mic I'm not taking that dickhead's words as fact.

I think there's a possibility that OBJ might actually be gay, there's been rumors, which in context means that maybe the Carolina players knew he was really gay and their slurs are really bad, even worthy of fines/ suspensions.

ethanm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think there's a possibility that OBJ might actually be gay, there's been rumors, which in context means that maybe the Carolina players knew he was really gay and their slurs are really bad, even worthy of fines/ suspensions.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So the part where a practice squad guy goes out to OBJ with a bat and says that he's gonna be the reason that OBJ won't play today? (video caught, but no audio) And where same guy is harassing him during warmups (on the wrong side of the field)?

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... Even Jason Collins had a wife. Let's just say that OBJ has been taunted this whole season with gay slurs from opposing players.

There were rumors about OBJ being gay since last season, it's been going around amongst my NYC gay mafia friends (theater people). Hell right before the game the Giants were doing a charity/meeting thing for a LGBT group before the game, and OBJ was the main speaker.

If he were really gay/bi it would be great if he came out, because then the taunting would be viewed in another light. Just like how bill Kennedy did after the Rondo incident.

Last edited:

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if he was queer. Plenty of downlow brothas out there. I know Black dudes who **** ********, and don't think they are "gay."

The Black, and Brown communities seem to be way less open about being gay for some reason.

He looked happy with that pretty white ***** though, for what it's worth.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wouldn't surprise me if he was queer. Plenty of downlow brothas out there. I know Black dudes who **** ********, and don't they are "gay."

It kind of would put his super aggressive retaliations during that game into perspective.

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It kind of would put his super aggressive retaliations during that game into perspective.

If that was the case... the Bad Boy Pistons would be gay. Don't think being super aggressive is a sign of being gay. Some dudes are just mean, or too competitive.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You never heard the rumors about isiah Thomas?

No. I heard ********* plenty of the female staff when he was in NYC. Would not surprise me though, because of the way he accused Magic. Trying to shift focus I suppose.

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, I agree. If it's captured on audio/video which considering the huge amount of recording equipment, it probably should have been.

So the part where a practice squad guy goes out to OBJ with a bat and says that he's gonna be the reason that OBJ won't play today? (video caught, but no audio) And where same guy is harassing him during warmups (on the wrong side of the field)?

I don't doubt there was plenty of threatening **** talking going on, anyone who has played football can attest to that, but to believe that a practice squad player was going to attack him with a baseball bat is laughable. Only one player on one team during that game tried to injure another player, and that was OBJ himself.

Last edited:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't doubt there was plenty of threatening **** talking going on, anyone who has played football can attest to that, but to believe that a practice squad player was going to attack him with a baseball bat is laughable. Only one player on one team during that game tried to injure another player, and that was OBJ himself.
So its okay then? JW what you're trying to say - is it okay to have a baseball bat on a football field and threaten a guy, but because the idea is laughable to you, its okay? JW how the logic works

Michael Irvin (per CBS) - He deals with it a lot. For some reason, everybody goes after him with gay slurs.

"There were some things, some gay, homophobic things that were said to him," Chris Carter said. "Now, that is not just report, that's true. I can confirm all that being true." (per ESPN)

etc
etc
etc

But you can keep defending, its okay.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads