• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New wallet help!

arepaberry

Reaction score
I'm in the hunt for a new wallet, I recently saw an Ettinger wallet in the hanger project the one that is green/yellow and fell in love with it. Anything else that is worth looking at?

Best Regards from Communist Venezuela.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you like bright colors consider Launer, which will be black or brown on the outside but colorful inside. Valextra, though only single colors, has great wallets too in many shades. There's also Paul Smith but I've heard quality is lacking.

arepaberry

Reaction score
I don't necessarily like bright colors. I mean the inside is fine with me, I think it looks good. The outside I like it very conservative. The one I currently own is dark brown on the outside and military green in the inside. The problem though is that the money clip wasn't well thought and it ruined already a pair of jeans and pants that I have.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't necessarily like bright colors. I mean the inside is fine with me, I think it looks good. The outside I like it very conservative. The one I currently own is dark brown on the outside and military green in the inside. The problem though is that the money clip wasn't well thought and it ruined already a pair of jeans and pants that I have.

In that case, I think you'll like Launer a lot actually.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent! I guess I'm gonna have to order it online. Any place? It ******* sucks to live in freaking Florida. Or should I wait for when I go to Spain?

There was only one Launer dealer I knew of in the US, and they are in NY (if they even still sell them). Launer has a website from which to order directly, and they'll quote you in USD.

arepaberry

Reaction score
I checked them out, thats exactly what I'm looking for, hows their quality compared to Ettinger? I see the prices are the same pretty much.

TimelesStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I checked them out, thats exactly what I'm looking for, hows their quality compared to Ettinger? I see the prices are the same pretty much.

No personal experience with either. All I know is that Launer are considered excellent quality and I think Ettinger is considered similar (though they lack the Royal Warrant, if you care about that).

arepaberry

Reaction score
Do you care about it being hand-made or machine-made?

I see a wallet as something disposable, 250 is hitting the limit, but I wouldn't mind having a couple of them in rotation.
Hermes. Tell them you're a breast man.
I don't think I would ever spend that kind of dough on a wallet, that's just me though.

QVT93

Reaction score
All of my wallets are made by Ashland. The price is great, options are great, and the dude who runs it is very nice. I had him make up a set of six Johnny the fox wallets for my wedding party.

pendragon

Reaction score
My last wallet was Tanner Krolle. Until I was robbed at gun point. The sad part is they probably threw the wallet away and kept the $50 I had inside.

Chuckie Egg

Reaction score
I recently bought a Coach wallet in fawn tan leather. I like it a lot and the ID holder can be taken out separately as a card wallet :)

I also recommend Jekyll&Hyde wallets - the designs and leather quality are excellent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics