• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New RL coupon and private sale

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
So I got my corduroy belted jacket last week. Tried it on, thought it looked awesome... Model it for the wife and it goes like this: stares at the belt, looks me in the eyes, stares at the belt again, then says "you look like a gay... lumberjack... chipmunk", I say " a what?!", she says "yep - a gay lumberjack chipmunk" then goes back to chopping onions...
confused.gif

pPOLO2-3915519_alternate4_v330.jpg

hahaha!
you do though...
you do sort of look like a lumberjack chipmunk.
a gay one.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoe
hahaha!
you do though...
you do sort of look like a lumberjack chipmunk.
a gay one.

well... that picture is not me. It's one of those gay lumberjack models on the RL website

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was in the mansion yesterday at lunch and they had some nice Black Label suits on sale. I think they were $1700 down to $1000, which would make them $700 after discount. Not the deal of a lifetime, but still pretty good. I tried one on and it was pretty flattering, but the buttoning point was surprisingly low.

Anyone know what further markdowns will be and when?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I got my corduroy belted jacket last week. Tried it on, thought it looked awesome... Model it for the wife and it goes like this: stares at the belt, looks me in the eyes, stares at the belt again, then says "you look like a gay... lumberjack... chipmunk", I say " a what?!", she says "yep - a gay lumberjack chipmunk" then goes back to chopping onions...
confused.gif

I know why you married her.
smile.gif

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
confused.gif

Originally Posted by dkzzzz
I know why you married her.
smile.gif

She's a good woman. You should keep her. But lose the jacket.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those belted jackets have been on sale at the local mall shops. I was tempted too, but then I tried it on and just couldn't imagine when I'd wear it, or with what. I'd rather spend the cash on a smoking jacket I also wouldn't wear.

Have you decided whether to keep it? My girlfriend's reaction was similar to your wife's, if that matters.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Have you decided whether to keep it? My girlfriend's reaction was similar to your wife's, if that matters.
Oh I'm so keeping it ! It looks really cool with the belt untied. I like this thing a lot. I'll wear it on weekends with a solid shawl collar sweater and a pair of jeans

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
butbut.gif
cry.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
confused.gif

That is so not true. I googled "gay lumberjack" and this is the 1st pic that appeared

picture119nu7py0.jpg

He DOES NOT look like he modeled for RL.
plain.gif

fusherino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
I was in the mansion yesterday at lunch and they had some nice Black Label suits on sale. I think they were $1700 down to $1000, which would make them $700 after discount. Not the deal of a lifetime, but still pretty good. I tried one on and it was pretty flattering, but the buttoning point was surprisingly low.

Anyone know what further markdowns will be and when?

i went back a few pages and couldnt find the answer so, is there a 30 percent sale going on in stores too? i saw the code for online, but they have so few suits available on the website.

i also just recently tried on black label, and i really like the cut- slim, not too narrow lapel, deep gorge. also like the 7 inch drop, and the legs were straight, not very tapered like i thought from pics.

actually tho should say i ordered the gabardine anthony suit during the big sale and sent it back. i really didnt like the fabric, very cheap looking. it was thin and looked almost synthetic. also there was wrinkling on the front of the chest where the fabric met the armhole seam, which prolly would have gone away with a steam or more push ups, but it just didnt make me excited for a 1100 dollar suit.

hankwx

Reaction score
i bought a set of anthony black suit recently and i like it a lot. i think the quality is great.

i have a question to ask you all. well, i overshopped this xmas season and i don't think i can buy another set this month. right now if i type in the 30% off code, i can get the suit for price i got last month, which was 30% off.

the question is this: DO YOU ALL THINK THAT i have a chance to get another set after this month (online)? WILL THERE BE ANOTHER SALE or COUPON for the black label?

i really like this suit (the style, the cut, the quality, everything). i was at the RL store today, and they already have the spring suits, so my confidence of buying it later is not high. i will regret it if i miss this chance.
frown.gif

hankwx

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fusherino
i went back a few pages and couldnt find the answer so, is there a 30 percent sale going on in stores too? i saw the code for online, but they have so few suits available on the website.

i also just recently tried on black label, and i really like the cut- slim, not too narrow lapel, deep gorge. also like the 7 inch drop, and the legs were straight, not very tapered like i thought from pics.

actually tho should say i ordered the gabardine anthony suit during the big sale and sent it back. i really didnt like the fabric, very cheap looking. it was thin and looked almost synthetic. also there was wrinkling on the front of the chest where the fabric met the armhole seam, which prolly would have gone away with a steam or more push ups, but it just didnt make me excited for a 1100 dollar suit.

really? i feel the quality is almost the same as the purple label...(i don't own any purple label suits, but i did check them out at the las vegas RL store). they're nice...(drool), but too expensive for my age and the cut is too classic.

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The RL store at Cabazon (not the Polo store) had +40% off on everything, yesterday. Picked up 2 RLPL shirts for $99 a piece and Flannel Trousers for $109.
Lot's of odd pieces, (vests, cardigans, cashmere scarfes and ties).

The HOL2007 code still works online.

What is the general consensus on cuffed trousers on the forum? I typically wear flat fronts and do not own any trousers with cuffs, (remember all of my Grandfathers pants having them, though).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads