• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New gap denim

ispace

Reaction score
Looks like Gap have some interesting new selvedge clothes on their website, including jackets ($90), shirts ($70) and slim fit pants ($90)! Anyone seen them in-store? The shirts & jacket pics don't show the selvedge line.

B.

Bortelli

Reaction score
I have a pair of non selvage skinnys that stretched out in the legs. Does the selvage line skinnys hold their shape?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Obama Recovery continues. Went into a Gap today, and non selvage is up to $69.95 new. When I worked there in undergrad, jeans were 44.95.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're trying to tell me that if a good's price went up almost 75% under a Republican administration, that'd just be "how it works?"

Don't make me laugh.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Real wages aren't moving. You explain that, friend.

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score
Gap seems to be getting rid of the selvedge coin pocket detailing, as well as the blue painted rivet. The coin pocket still had the selvedge but it was hidden. I was at the store and they had a mix of both the newer ones without those details and the older ones. They both seem to have the same denim. I like the change, still content with my old ones though.

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Real wages aren't moving. You explain that, friend.

Yes they are. http://money.cnn.com/2014/08/20/news/economy/median-income/index.html?hpt=hp_t2
Thanks Obama!

Gap seems to be getting rid of the selvedge coin pocket detailing, as well as the blue painted rivet. The coin pocket still had the selvedge but it was hidden. I was at the store and they had a mix of both the newer ones without those details and the older ones. They both seem to have the same denim. I like the change, still content with my old ones though.

I think these are positive changes. I've never liked the blue rivet and the esposed selvedge on the coin pocket always felt gimmicky to me.

AAJJLLPP

Reaction score

I think these are positive changes. I've never liked the blue rivet and the esposed selvedge on the coin pocket always felt gimmicky to me.

Yeah they're definately gimmicky details.The blue rivet is an easy fix for whatever its worth. I stratched the blue paint off mine in a few minutes with a small flat head screwdriver. Underneath its not copper like the other ones though, its brass. A much better, more understated contrast though.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the gap selvedge raws, is the USA version worth the price over the Japanese one?
Is there much shrinkage in inseam and width after wash?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For the gap selvedge raws, is the USA version worth the price over the Japanese one?
Is there much shrinkage in inseam and width after wash?

FWIW, haven't ever had significant inseam shrinkage on gap selvage. Some people complain about the waist coming in, but never length issues.

Agreed - the current JapSelvage in the "slim" cut is great on discount.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi everyone! So I can get the Straight raw selvedge for half off, is it worth it?

If it fits you well and you like them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads