• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NeoPrep -

RussellStreet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Not to worry - that is referring to Newport Beach in California.

NeoPrep's Newport Blues evoke the rarefied Trad aura of Newport, RI. But with a NeoPrep twist that makes it too cool for school.

Mr. Dopey is now in charge of marketing for all this.
Khaki Sack and I are now taking orders for Newport Blues...

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RussellStreet
Khaki Sack and I are now taking orders for Newport Blues...

Perhaps you, can make a partner with, Newport News .

RussellStreet

Reaction score
Good thought.

... "Newport Blues: As featured on Styleforum."

It's all about publicity.

RussellStreet

Reaction score
Putting "Newport Blues" to one side... (... Sorry about that little diversion...
smile.gif
)

The thought occurs that real 'NeoPrep' (ie, the clothes of the new Prep school kids today) has very little to do with The OPH in most cases.

They've moved on leaving the 'Preppy' style (27 years old this year!) to the Retro / Nostaligia market.

So what is really being worn in Prep Schools today across the US?

What brands? What styles?

It may not be Preppy style as we used to know it, but it will be the Preppy style of the future when today's kids grow up and start to get nostalgic.

See how it all works?

Thanks -

Russ.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Putting "Newport Blues" to one side... (... Sorry about that little diversion...
smile.gif
)

The thought occurs that real 'NeoPrep' (ie, the clothes of the new Prep school kids today) has very little to do with The OPH in most cases.

They've moved on leaving the 'Preppy' style (27 years old this year!) to the Retro / Nostaligia market.

So what is really being worn in Prep Schools today across the US?

What brands? What styles?

It may not be Preppy style as we used to know it, but it will be the Preppy style of the future when today's kids grow up and start to get nostalgic.

See how it all works?

Thanks -

Russ.

You know that there is an answer to this, and a discussion to be had if people were interested, but they are not and if they were this would not be the place. We are selling NeoPrep here. NeoPrep is too cool for this kind of grup chatter.

In any event, the kids in prep schools today ARE wearing NeoPrep, because that is the look that makes them popular and gets them laid. And what else does any kid want but to look good, and have friends and sex. Same with the young frat guys in the elite colleges and also at the big schools. It is everywhere because it is modern retro cool with a hard edge tempered by class.

But nice to see you here, reminding the people about the look that matters. You are always welcome in your thread. Just don't waste our time. We got work, you know.

Have a blessed evening!

khaki sack

Reaction score
The school lids today kick it in synthetic fibres and casual shoes like , flips flops. But not to worry , in time they will learn , the blessed ways of Trad.

RussellStreet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by khaki sack
The school lids today kick it in synthetic fibres and casual shoes like , flips flops. But not to worry , in time they will learn , the blessed ways of Trad.

But will their stuff ever become the Trad of the future? Wind forward 27 years and will there be the nostalgia for flip-flops which some present day Trads have for the Preppy Handbook? ... Who knows?

I tend to agree with you KS (at the risk of upsetting my buddy Dopey). Other stuff than NeoPrep is being worn out there. NeoPrep does get worn too, but not by all.

Dopey: I like your point about the connection between NeoPrep and sex. Trad makes a big point about not being sexy, but NeoPrep does sex the look up a bit doesn't it? I think that's fine & let's face it it's a good way to sell any look.

Maybe this is too personal a question, but did you make your comment based on personal experience back in the day? I'm guessing yes. No?

Here's hoping your evening is as blessed as mine -

Best,

Russ.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
. . .
Dopey: I like your point about the connection between NeoPrep and sex. Trad makes a big point about not being sexy, but NeoPrep does sex the look up a bit doesn't it? I think that's fine & let's face it it's a good way to sell any look.

Maybe this is too personal a question, but did you make your comment based on personal experience back in the day? I'm guessing yes. No?

Here's hoping your evening is as blessed as mine -

Best,

Russ.

Everything I know, I learned on the internet. When I was a child, I read books, but they didn't post back so weren't much use.

RussellStreet

Reaction score
Everything I know, I learned on the internet. When I was a child, I read books, but they didn't post back so weren't much use.

It's funny to remember the world before the Internet isn't it?

We probably all knew less but what we knew was so much more reliable, eh?

khaki sack

Reaction score
I've got lobsters on my shorts this morning ,( busting it casual style, today).

Is this neo-prep?

RussellStreet

Reaction score
Where's my morning bump? I woke up feeling lonely.

My apologies, Brother.

... But I suspect our thread here may be done.

I liked it, though. Some nice ideas being floated by JoeWoah here, who's thread this really was.

In due course we'll have another thread soon on some other really closely related subject.

Until then I shall pop back under the bridge from whence I came.

God bless you, Dopey. Good luck with that work of yours.

God bless SF.

Russ.

Harry Lean

Reaction score
Thanks Larry for providing such an interesting read. The topic was brilliant. Brings back memories for me.

H.

(sorry to bump topic back up).

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members