• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need new luggage

TheD0n

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HomerJ
My 2 cents. I have a Victorinox Triax 24" expandable. I think the Triax is/was their top line.

Tourbach is their top-of-the-line stuff. It is priced on par with Tumi ($600 for a 22"). I own a Tourbach set; I got it from their sales rewards program.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spark
If there's a scuff, just wipe them down with a scrubbie from the kitchen sink and it seems to work fine. I think its just a given that luggage will get dinged over time - just think of it as a patina.

Understood, and agreed. Nothing stays pristine forever. I just don't want to deal with plain nylon and I don't have the wherewithall for Rimowa or ZH aluminum.
laugh.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Briggs and riley. 235x if you can find it still online. great bag, used it in europe for 10 days (Italy and Prague) fit in the EasyJet sizers with no problem while the wheeled carryons didn't.

I am looking for a Rimowa Polycarbonate IATA cabin trolley. In europe, with all the funky stone roads, etc....I'm not a fan of rolling bags though...but for a roller that is what I'm personally looking to get.

Artking3

Reaction score
I also recommend a Rimowa polycarbonate or aluminium. Selling points are the durability, the 4 wheels are the smoothest I've used, the light weight, and you'll pick out your luggage on the carousel a lot easier. With the current 50 lb weight restrictions you won't need expendability anyway if you buy a decent size.

I used to have black nylon soft luggage, until I got tired of trying to find my luggage among the sea of black clones. It also got wet once and water soaked through to the interior. When it finally died when a seam gave way, I was more than happy to get a Rimowa. Sure the exterior gets dinged up a bit, but it just gives the luggage character. It also won't look like a thief-magnet.

scot

Reaction score
Rimowa or B+R.

I have the rimowa salsa 29", not the air listed above, and it weighs in at around 5lbs as well. Full up I hit 49-52lbs with diving gear, clothing and sundries for a week plus. Which means it is PERFECT for check-in if you are based out of the USA. It isn't cheap by any stretch though you CAN get discounts if you talk to the vendors. They have a strict MAP though.

As for scuffs, yes it gets a bit scuffed but not in any real apparent way, but who really cares? As long as it holds your stuff the appearance (to me) is unimportant. All I want is something that is easily identifiable, visible so the airport staff don't miss it, and will protect my belongings. I can guarantee you that the chance of finding another Rimowa bag in the US is close to 0 so it meets these requirements. Choose an outlandish color for a bit of flair and additional visibility as it comes off the conveyor and you are set.

If weight isn't a concern, then B+R makes GREAT stuff as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads