• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
kwame brown, smush parker
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Please don't remind me!!!

Next thing, you'll be bringing up Adam Morrison too.
ffffuuuu.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by venessian
Well, yes, you said:

which I find an absurd concept. I assume you mean as a starter, since KG is a starter....

Oh yeah, of course when KG retires he'll be a starter unless they get someone better. I could have sworn that was obvious. I thought you meant now while KG is playing, of course he won't take his spot but they could easily put KG on the center position and have green be a PF. That's KG's spot as a starter right there and before you take it over board, no I am not saying that will happen for sure.

Also, please read what I wrote, I said was... WAS... WAS. And yes, he still shows that laziness til this day. He just works a lot harder now, maybe it's Kobes motivation being contagious or maybe his maturity has kicked in but he has been deemed lazy his whole career.

And you can't compare Odoms and Greens stats to each other, LO started as the #1 option in his career, Green didn't. This are things you need to consider when comparing the two. Heck if you compare the two, they are just slightly different from each other outside of their rookie year and that is with Odom being a #1 option. Odom started his career (first 4-5 yrs) 16/6/5 and Greens at 15/6/2 right now playing behind Durant and Westbrook.

Take everyone out of the Clippers now, hell just take out Griffin and Gordon in the Clips right now, put Green in there and he'd average 20/8/3 as the focal guy.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I loved those LO bloopers. In the middle clip, the machine should have just shot the ball before anyone noticed

Blazers scored big on the Crash trade. Those first rounders wouldn't have been high picks anyway. They and the Nets scored big time this week assuming Deron eventually re signs

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
yes, blazers will now push to get higher in the seeding.

this is currently the west seeding:

1. * San Antonio --
2. Dallas 6.0
3. * LA Lakers 8.0
4. * Oklahoma City 10.5
5. New Orleans 14.0
6. Denver 14.5
7. Portland 15.0
8. Memphis 16.0
9. Utah 16.5
10. Phoenix 18.0

i see portland beating out new orleans for 5 spot and everyone shifting down one. i see possibility of phoenix moving up to beat utah spot, but that is moot

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Crash is a good fit for the Blazers but I still fill that they need to fill that center spot. Camby is returning soon but he is never guaranteed to finish the season. Crash being there also hinders Batum and Fernandez even further from breaking out. It's still a solid team but we'll see, Wallace alredy asked (actually he begged) for his coach to not play him as a PF so hopefully that's not his role in the Blazers.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Oh yeah, of course when KG retires he'll be a starter unless they get someone better. I could have sworn that was obvious. I thought you meant now while KG is playing, of course he won't take his spot but they could easily put KG on the center position and have green be a PF. That's KG's spot as a starter right there and before you take it over board, no I am not saying that will happen for sure.
It wasn't so obvious to me, actually, but that's cool.
Of course he won't replace KG until KG retires. After that, when you said "replace", I assumed you meant replace as in equal talent, as opposed to simply being the new starter. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Again, re: LO. "Was". "Is". Whatever. I never saw him as lazy, per se. Lacking in concentration at times, sure. Same for being too unselfish at times, or often too unsure of his role. I've just never seen him as lazy. I do think Kobe helped. Maybe all this is just semantics. I do like LO.

Take Griff/Gordon off the Clips now, insert LO as a starter, he'd be at 25/15/5.
laugh.gif

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Take Griff/Gordon off the Clips now, insert LO as a starter, he'd be at 25/15/5.
laugh.gif

Now, yes, with a 12 year experience. But if he was still a rookie or the same year as Green now, we have seen it, look at his stats the first couple of years in the Clips, it should be about the same.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol8[1].gif
tumblr_lh57i9aFEM1qcmnsoo1_500.gif
Long ist of moves the past 24-48 hrs.
Knicks get: Carmelo Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Renaldo Balkman, Anthony Carter and Corey Brewer Nuggets get: Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Timofey Mozgov, Kosta Koufos, and first-round pick, two second-round picks and cash Timberwolves get: Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry Jazz get: Devin Harris, Derrick Favors and two first-round picks Nets get: Deron Williams Celtics get: Jeff Green and Nenad Krstic Thunder get: Kendrick Perkins and Nate Robinson Bobcats get: Joel Pryzbilla, Dante Cunningham and two first-round picks Blazers get: Gerald Wallace Cavs get: Baron Davis and a first-round pick Clippers get: Mo Williams and Jamario Moon Hornets get: Carl Landry Kings get: Marcus Thornton and cash Rockets get: Goran Dragic and a first-round pick Suns get: Aaron Brooks Grizzlies get: Shane Battier and Ishmael Smith Rockets get: Hasheem Thabeet and a first-round pick Hawks get: Kirk Hinrich and Hilton Armstrong Wizards get: Mike Bibby, Jordan Crawford, Maurice Evans and a first-round pick Nets get: Brandan Wright and Dan Gadzuric Warriors get: Troy Murphy Bobcats get: D.J. White and Morris Peterson Thunder get: Nazr Mohammed Bulls get: a first-round pick Raptors get: James Johnson Cavs get: Semih Erden and Luke Harangody Celtics get: a second-round pick Celtics get: cash Kings get: Marquis Daniels

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Long ist of moves the past 24-48 hrs.

I wonder how many of those 1st round picks are for this off-season...because this draft is not going to be real good, I think.

Originally Posted by HRoi
Obtw, is Jerry coming back now that Deron's been shipped out of town?!

LOL! Now that would be the power move of the decade!

sexandcandy

Reaction score
dude, lamar averages 9 rebounds a game off the bench..jeff green can't even average 6 rebounds as a starter. i don't understand how you can be high on green yet low on lamar?

i dunno why you bring up that you've watched him his whole career. i didn't just start watching basketball yesterday. and i'm from LA too. we can differ on our opinions on him, but Lamar is not a superstar by design. he chooses to be on a team where he's coming off the bench and behind a volume shooter like kobe, and a highly potent offensive PF like pau. he's unselfish..he doesn't look for his own..he's the kind of player that wins championships, not looks to be the center of attention and further his numbers (melo).

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Please don't remind me!!!

Next thing, you'll be bringing up Adam Morrison too.
ffffuuuu.gif

i'll go you one better: chucky atkins, tierre brown!Slava Medvedenko FTW!

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sexandcandy
dude, lamar averages 9 rebounds a game off the bench..jeff green can't even average 6 rebounds as a starter. i don't understand how you can be high on green yet low on lamar?

i dunno why you bring up that you've watched him his whole career. i didn't just start watching basketball yesterday. and i'm from LA too. we can differ on our opinions on him, but Lamar is not a superstar by design. he chooses to be on a team where he's coming off the bench and behind a volume shooter like kobe, and a highly potent offensive PF like pau. he's unselfish..he doesn't look for his own..he's the kind of player that wins championships, not looks to be the center of attention and further his numbers (melo).

He didn't choose, he was traded. If the Lakers didn't win their championship the past 2 years and if he didn't get married to Chyna, he'd be gone of LA by now.

I am not down on Odom at all, I like the guy but you guys are taking everything away from Green calling him a bust and not worth the trade for Perkins and that is what I am defending. I took away nothing from Odom, I merely used him as an example and it snowballed to this and about him. I see him as lazy and he has been lazy for most of his career and yes we can offer our own opinions and this is mine. I still think he can be a bigger star and be close to LBJ type numbers if he really puts his heart into it but he doesn't, like you said he averages 9 rebound a game from the bench, why isn't his number way up when he starts? He started most of the year this season and he got more points but he has the same rebounds and less assist. It is what it is, Boston are seeing the same thing I am seeing in Green and not just because they don't want to pay Perkins.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
i'll go you one better: chucky atkins, tierre brown!Slava Medvedenko FTW!

Oh gawd, I'm going to have nightmares tonight....
ffffuuuu.gif

"Ladies and gentlemen...starting at forward tonight for YOUR Los Angeles Lakers!!!...Briaaan Coook and Maaark Laaandsbergerrr!!!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads