1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

NBA 2016-2017 Season Thread

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by RFX45, Sep 22, 2010.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Hey, I'll admit that I've been dead wrong about Denver so far. I believe after the trade I used the words "suck" and "ass" [​IMG]

We'll see about the playoffs. They aren't beating the Lakers or the Spurs in my mind, but maybe another less playoff experienced, more easily panicked club

Problem is, not everyone might stay/return to the club. Wilson Chandlers contract expires this year (or player option?) and the way he was playing with the Knicks, he'll get offers than the Nuggets might not be able to match. JR Smiths last year too. Same with Felton, he only had a 2-year guaranteed deal, he played so well that in 2 years time, he might be leaving as well. Kenyon hasn't gotten his deal extended iirc, Afflalo can opt out next year as well, same with Nene.

Overall, I am not sure how many of these guys will be there in a year or two.

2. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I learned something new today. That I have something called a popliethal tendon

3. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Well-Known Member

I learned something new today. That I have something called a popliethal tendon
    sorry I typed so fast i spelled it wrong. its popliteal tendon. Its amazing that KG even got some of his hops back this year. The thing was torn and since there is no standardized surgical procedure to re-attach it - they just left it torn and shaved off the bone spurs around it. so KG is kind of like john elway now: a guy playing without a major knee muscle tendon attached to the bone. elway basically played most of his career without both ACLs (which were just removed and let be). dejuan blair doesn't have ACLs either, but since he was so young when they were removed, his other tendons and muscles are compensating for the missing ACLs to the point were its pretty much normal.

4. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

^that said perkins was injured for game 6 and 7 last year and that sucked...

remember, game 6 we were already running away with the game before the injury occurred. and the game 7 , doesnt mean 'automatically' they would have won if perkins was in it.
    perkins in it may have allowed for another kind of adjustments who knows what and the game result could have been entirely different like another laker blowout perhaps. you cant judge these things empirically..."if perkins was in game 7 , boston would have scored 10 more points, or lakers would have rebounded 10 less" or soemthing like that.

5. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

^ oh, lol. I wasn't trying to be an ass, I actually thought it was a body part I hadnt heard of before. Come to think of it, I don't know what a popliteal tendon is either

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

To be honest, it wouldn't made a difference if Perkins were there for game 7. I mean really, all there are is "what ifs". Keep in mind, the Celtics were winning halfway through the 3rd by double digits and lost of the lead and gave the Laker the title.

7. LawrenceMD

remember, game 6 we were already running away with the game before the injury occurred. and the game 7 , doesnt mean 'automatically' they would have won if perkins was in it. perkins in it may have allowed for another kind of adjustments who knows what and the game result could have been entirely different like another laker blowout perhaps. you cant judge these things empirically..."if perkins was in game 7 , boston would have scored 10 more points, or lakers would have rebounded 10 less" or soemthing like that.
    exactly its an excuse and a wonderful "what if" to think about. remember no lead with these teams is exactly "safe" think game 4 2008 (24pt lead lost by Lakers) or game 7 last year C's lose 13pt lead. I always noticed how kobe seemed pissed at bynum throughout 2008-2010. I like to assume its because of bynums injuries (minor meniscal tears), which kobe went through and had surgically repaired then went right back into playing at a high level. minor meniscal tears are mainly a pain issue so I got the sense that kobe was pissed off at bynum for not dealing with the pain and getting right back into playing shape compromising 2008 and almost this year too (with his delayed surgery).

8. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

Staying healthy is part of the game. The team that can do it best deserves the credit.

C'mon. I'd be able to hear the virtual whining from LA all the way here to San Antonio.

9. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Well-Known Member

So what part of that don't you agree with exactly? I don't even understand your comment

10. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

Lol at this year's hall of fame class. Rodman and Mullin? And the HOF will not stop until every women's bball coach is a member. I do think Tex Winter is deserving though

11. venessian

venessian Well-Known Member

The HOF has become a joke...too many committees, etc.

Phil Jackson is right to be pissed off that Winter was finally elected, but only after he's not completely able to enjoy it.

12. sexandcandy

sexandcandy Well-Known Member

I'm happy for Rodman. 5 championships, 2 Defensive player of the year awards, 7 times all defensive first team, 7 times he led the league in rebounding. I think he deserves it

13. venessian

venessian Well-Known Member

I'm happy for Rodman. 5 championships, 2 Defensive player of the year awards, 7 times all defensive first team, 7 times he led the league in rebounding. I think he deserves it

I agree re: Rodman; a seminal player. I'm not sure about Mullin (great player) over Miller, though. Gilmore gets in because of the "ABA committee". Sabonis???

14. jet

jet Well-Known Member

lol mullin right

15. LawrenceMD

Lol at this year's hall of fame class. Rodman and Mullin? And the HOF will not stop until every women's bball coach is a member. I do think Tex Winter is deserving though

who's more "black" Grant Hill or Chris Mullin?

here in NYC Chris Mullin is an honorary member of the nubian nation.

16. Steve B.

Steve B. Well-Known Member

So what part of that don't you agree with exactly? I don't even understand your comment

Had the Lakers lost 6 times in a row with 4 starters missing, all the Lakers fans in here would be whining about it, and attribute the fact to the injuries.

I hardly think your mantra of "injuries are part of the game" would be upheld.

17. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Spurs lost 2 games with all 3 coming back though and Duncan (22/13 average in those 2 games) and Parker(27 pt average in those 2 games) putting up great numbers. Ginobili even put up 23 pts in the Houston game. In those 6 losses, I think only 2-3 were w/o all 3, Parker and Ginobili were there for most of the losing games, I think there were only 1 game where all 3 didn't play. Don't act like all 6 losses were because all 3 players were all gone.

Plus weren't you just bragging how good the Spurs bench and how deep they are? I mean Hill really stepped up and beasted but they still lost.

18. gettoasty

gettoasty Well-Known Member

haven't been reading up on this tread, love your guys commentary. fuck its hard to follow the nba with no cable [​IMG] wait...with no tv [​IMG] fuuuu
    [​IMG]

19. NorCal

NorCal Well-Known Member

lol mullin right
    Bitch shut your whore mouth. You've gotta have love for Cali or your ass can go back to Perisa.

20. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Who doesn't love Chris Mullen? Have you ever heard him do commentary on ESPN? Its awesome!