• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Navy Linen Suit

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Here is mine. Borrelli, cotton and linen.

NavySuit.jpg

Awesome look man!

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sajohnson05
Thanks for all the feedback. I am going to try on the BB Fitzgerald model next time im there. Hope to find one soon but really love to find a patch pocket one.

For a suit made of Irish linen the Fitzgerald is a good price. Irish linen is expensive.

anxiouscowboy

Reaction score
I was actually just looking at the new linens at indochino . com and was curious to see a navy colored one since I have not before. I really like the look of both navy suits in this thread, much less casual than a typical earthtone linen or a striking white linen. When I think of linen I think of myself lounging on a beach with nice slip ons next to me. It seems like a lot of these suits have that cavassed look and I would love a linen suit that just drapes off my body with a thin or no undershirt and even with sandals....the ultimate vacation suit.... Where can I get a suit in a lighter weight linen like that?

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by anxiouscowboy
I was actually just looking at the new linens at indochino . com and was curious to see a navy colored one since I have not before. I really like the look of both navy suits in this thread, much less casual than a typical earthtone linen or a striking white linen. When I think of linen I think of myself lounging on a beach with nice slip ons next to me. It seems like a lot of these suits have that cavassed look and I would love a linen suit that just drapes off my body with a thin or no undershirt and even with sandals....the ultimate vacation suit.... Where can I get a suit in a lighter weight linen like that?

You can get light respectable Italian made ones (Irish lighter linen) for around USD100 on eBay.

Cordwinder

Reaction score
Not exactly Linen but I saw a Navy jacket made from bamboo rayon, that looked like Linen at Eddie Bauer. They had my size too but I passed. I was looking for something to wear during the hot season to dress up with jeans but the combination of Navy jacket and dark jeans didn't appeal to me.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Linen is better unlined.

I am wearing my navy linen suit today as it happens.

inkwretch

Reaction score
Anybody have experience with Mersolaire linen/mohair blend? How does it wear? Does it resist wrinkling enough to pass for business in the summer? Not conservative business dress, of course. Would you recommend it? The swatch didn't look at all shiny, which is what I would expect from a mohair blend. Can't do shiny. Thanks.

hst

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Linen is better unlined.

I am wearing my navy linen suit today as it happens.

Manton - From which book is your linen suit from?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hst
Manton - From which book is your linen suit from?

No idea, I bought the cloth at a shop.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member