• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Naples Bespoke Tailors

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I'm headed to Naples for the first time in a few weeks. The info on this thread has been very helpful. Quick question: Do some of the bigger, more mainstream brands like Dalcuore, Orazio Luciano, Formosa, etc - that have bench-made RTW collaborations with various retailers (Armoury, NMWA, Brycelands, etc...) - have boutique showrooms in Naples with RTW products? Or is it all just bespoke appointments? I've already booked some appointments, but would also be interested in some "try it on and buy it". Is that a thing there at all? Or to put it even more generally, are there tailoring spots that I can just walk in, without an appointment? Thanks!!!

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks!

I'm headed to Naples for the first time in a few weeks. The info on this thread has been very helpful. Quick question: Do some of the bigger, more mainstream brands like Dalcuore, Orazio Luciano, Formosa, etc - that have bench-made RTW collaborations with various retailers (Armoury, NMWA, Brycelands, etc...) - have boutique showrooms in Naples with RTW products? Or is it all just bespoke appointments? I've already booked some appointments, but would also be interested in some "try it on and buy it". Is that a thing there at all? Or to put it even more generally, are there tailoring spots that I can just walk in, without an appointment? Thanks!!!
Several Neapolitan tailors have merchandise for sale on the Sarotiale website. Many of the items are bespoke, presumably not paid for or
picked up by clients. So they may have some at their shops/ateliers.
They include Rubinacci, Sarotia Chiaia that I can recall off-hand.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Panico and Solito definitely make RtW for Asian retailers. Whether they will have some stock pieces when you visit, it’s not that certain. I’m not aware of any retailer of Kiton, Attolini or Isaia in Naples. Eddy Monetti may have something made locally to high standards. Rest of RtW available in the city is mid quality.

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Saint Gregory just launched a RTW offering during Piti. Not sure of the status. My tailor, Pastena Elegance was talking about maybe introducing a RTW for people who don’t need many tweaks but they’ve been slammed with work so I’m not sure if they’ve rolled it out yet.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
I’m not aware of any retailer of Kiton, Attolini or Isaia in Naples.

If the OP is willing to drive 25 mins from Naples to Aversa, that is where IsuiT is located - they sell all of those brands (and more) at very nice discounts. I have bought with great success from IsuiT online (shipped to North America), but I never tried to visit them in Aversa. Perhaps one could visit and try things on with an appointment? Or maybe an appointment is not needed?

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks, but can anyone weigh in on actual experience in these ateliers? If so, the info I’m looking for is simple: was there rtw stuff in the shops or not? Did you need an appointment? All the guesses are meaningless (but very SF). Reports of actual experiences welcomed…Thanks!

“I was in ……….. for a bespoke appointment and, yes, they also had some rtw for sale in the showroom and it seems walk-ins are welcome…”

Vs

“I was in ……. for a bespoke appointment and no, it’s just a space for fittings, etc. It wouldn’t make any sense to visit without an appointment…”

Get my drift?

Last edited:

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks folks, but can anyone weigh in on actual experience in these ateliers? If so, the info I’m looking for is simple: was there rtw stuff in the shops or not? Did you need an appointment? All the guesses are meaningless (but very SF). Reports of actual experiences welcomed…Thanks!
Ask each tailor you’re interested in. I was in Dalcoure’s workshop in Napoli. I saw no evidence of a Rtw line. But I didn’t ask either. If you’re going in august, you can expect no one to be open.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ask each tailor you’re interested in. I was in Dalcoure’s workshop in Napoli. I saw no evidence of a Rtw line. But I didn’t ask either. If you’re going in august, you can expect no one to be open.
I’m there in September. I’ve already reached out to everyone (I have bespoke appointments set, but don’t want to book appointments at houses where I’m not planning a commission. However, I would still like to walk in and try stuff on IF ITS POSSIBLE, and have inquired about this too, but since everyone is on vacation - no responses, thus my inquiry here.).

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

“I was in ……….. for a bespoke appointment and, yes, they also had some rtw for sale in the showroom and it seems walk-ins are welcome…”

Vs

“I was in ……. for a bespoke appointment and no, it’s just a space for fittings, etc. It wouldn’t make any sense to visit without an appointment…”

Get my drift?
The fact that there are none or very few experiences of guys here buying RtW from neapolitan tailors tells you something. If you would have asked this question 10 years ago, the answer would be no. In fact, none of the neapolitan big names have actual shops with the exception of Rubinacci. In the last few years some of the “big” houses have been doing some RtW but mostly or uniquely for asian retailers. They may have some of the pieces in their workrooms that you may try but you will not find an actual RtW line. Your best chance is to ask the tailors if they would have something to try-on, either in advance or when you visit them. They will normally not mind if you do not have an appointment and tell them that you are interested in their RtW if they happen to have something available.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The fact that there are none or very few experiences of guys here buying RtW from neapolitan tailors tells you something. If you would have asked this question 10 years ago, the answer would be no. In fact, none of the neapolitan big names have actual shops with the exception of Rubinacci. In the last few years some of the “big” houses have been doing some RtW but mostly or uniquely for asian retailers. They may have some of the pieces in their workrooms that you may try but you will not find an actual RtW line. Your best chance is to ask the tailors if they would have something to try-on, either in advance or when you visit them. They will normally not mind if you do not have an appointment and tell them that you are interested in their RtW if they happen to have something available.
Yeah, in Italy, most shops aren’t really storefronts like you’d have on savile row. They’re more like workshops or apartments of some sort. Liverano, rubinacci have Rtw storefront operations. Other than that, I’m not sure who else has one.

leapyourbar

Reaction score
9thsymp are you not available for a second fitting? I've found that most of the makers are pretty flexible if they know you have a short turnaround time.

You can message Pino Luciano on IG. He's very responsive. I'm sure they have RTW. If you're on the west coast, gentlemen's footwear offers Orazio MTM at amazing prices.

BomTrady

Reaction score
I agree with your suggestions. But I purchase plenty of rtw form Orazio every season. I don't go to his shop to do it, but simply purchase online. I am not sure what you meant by your first sentence - you mean buying in Naples? I am sure many guys here purchase OL, not necessarily in Naples, but from the OL online store- which btw has a very generous return policy.

One thing I've learned from buying OL from various retailers over the years is that they all have their own specs that they ask for and OL makes the clothing per those specs. For example, the Armoury OL jackets are too full in the chest for my body; sleeves are ok, but I find the jacket also to be a little long for me. Michael Jondral uses the best fabrics in the world, but I find his jackets to be a bit longer overall; sleeves and length, than any of the other sellers (he's a German retailer, so maybe his clientele is a bit taller overall). Although Cavour and Gentlemens Footwear are both amazing stores, I am never in love with their fabric choices, but they are ok and usually selle some staples like hopsack every season. The OL shop in Naples carries the best fabrics (which is why I've always assumed the prices are significantly higher than the other stores) and perfect fit for me -including chest, waist, sleeves, and collar. My point is that just because a jacket will have the OL name and made in the OL Naples atelier, doesn't mean necessarily that it will fit you as well another stores' OL may fit. I don't have to do any tailoring whatsoever to the jackets I buy from the OL Naples store - from all the others, I need some tailoring -some more than others.

Reaction score
I’m there in September. I’ve already reached out to everyone (I have bespoke appointments set, but don’t want to book appointments at houses where I’m not planning a commission. However, I would still like to walk in and try stuff on IF ITS POSSIBLE, and have inquired about this too, but since everyone is on vacation - no responses, thus my inquiry here.).
Ciao , next time you need a suggestion contact me (as a friend , no commission!) . I’m from Naples and I know all these tailor shop very well. I can give you tips about

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 107 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads