• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MyTailor (Hemrajani Bros.) Appreciation/Discussion Thread

-mM

Reaction score
I've ordered several fabrics for shirts from him

1. Alumo
2. Thomas Mason
3. Hermanjani Premium Collection
4. Somelos (Linen)
5. Tessitura Monti (Linen)

The Alumo so far is my favorite. Most costly, but great fabric.

SpallaPerfetta

Reaction score
This past Father’s Day, Divij did a shirt sale - I believe it was 10% off online orders only. Does he typically run any similar promotions? Perhaps for Black Friday? I think my measurement are finally dialed in with him so I’m comfortable ordering online for a better price.

MRex

Reaction score
I remember there being a... I believe it was a New Year's sale... last year, but I don't know whether it's a recurring thing or just one-off.

Verve

Reaction score
This thread has recently been talking about time frames. I just received my 2nd suit in 6 weeks and 1 day. I was expecting an approx. 3 month time table. I usually order a shirt with the suit as well.

Even if the product took 6 months to deliver, it would be worth the wait compared to the 2 other prior competitors I’ve tried.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread has recently been talking about time frames. I just received my 2nd suit in 6 weeks and 1 day. I was expecting an approx. 3 month time table. I usually order a shirt with the suit as well.

Even if the product took 6 months to deliver, it would be worth the wait compared to the 2 other prior competitors I’ve tried.
Post pics!

Verve

Reaction score
Post pics!
It may be a month or 2 before wearing it because it’s a flannel suit (Fox Merchants). I was expecting to receive it in late October, just in time for the colder weather.

Initial, brief try-on left me more than a happy client!

Here’s a pic of my son’s 1st suit & shirt from Divij earlier this year. We decided to just have it as a MTM process vs the basting garment process that I did. He’s 6’2” tall. He wanted a black suit, and I convinced him to go dark navy.

IMG_2763.jpeg

Verve

Reaction score
Weather cooperated sooner than I thought to be able to wear flannel. I grabbed the wrong shirt (different maker than Divij), and I know the sleeves are way too long. My Divij shirts usually land about 1/4 inch shirt cuff showing.

I’m too lazy to retake these pics in a proper length shirt. 🤪
IMG_3414.jpeg

IMG_3415.jpeg
IMG_3418.jpeg
IMG_3422.jpeg

Last edited:

Verve

Reaction score
Also, I didn’t pull my pants up to my usual place & tighten my belt till after the photos. The pants drape near perfectly, unlike the photos because of my dumb ass. I don’t want to hurt Divij’s excellent reputation due to my unprofessional nonchalant attitude. Lol

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
has anyone commissioned an overcoat/top coat with Divij? If so, do you mind sharing a bit about how it went or some pictures? I know Kirby Allison did a video on his order, but want to see some of the other stylings that are possible...particularly in the ulster/polo realm...

Testudo_Aubreii

Reaction score
Yea, I might source my own if he doesn’t have anything north of 750gs
The way the winters are in the mid-Atlantic region now, I doubt anyone needs anything heavier than 650g/linear meter coating, at least if you're wearing a jacket underneath. My wife has a topcoat in 400g herringbone lambswool we sourced from Barrington. She wears that more than her ~650g wool melton overcoat we sourced from Mood. If the cloth is mostly cashmere, it'll wear even warmer.

Good discussion of coating weights/fibers and their usefulness here.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The way the winters are in the mid-Atlantic region now, I doubt anyone needs anything heavier than 650g/linear meter coating, at least if you're wearing a jacket underneath. My wife has a topcoat in 400g herringbone lambswool we sourced from Barrington. She wears that more than her ~650g wool melton overcoat we sourced from Mood. If the cloth is mostly cashmere, it'll wear even warmer.

Good discussion of coating weights/fibers and their usefulness here.

Fair, but I also travel up to New England a couple of times a year to visit family. In all honesty I', sure I would be fine with anything in the 650g range too, I dont run particularly cold...I just prefer a heavier, heartier fabric (for that reason I'm avoiding more delicate fabrics like cashmere or camel) for an overcoat as this will almost certainly be my only overcoat order.

On the casual side (read: anything less than a full suit) I'm generally in my Barbour between mid-30s and mid-50s, between 0 to mid-30s I'm in a vintage USN peacoat, below 0 its technical wear only.

I think this overcoat would be used to cover the whole gambit from 0 to mid-40s, so I'd rather it be a bit hot on the high end than too cold on the low end...

The two fabrics I'm considering are a a 620/670g herringbone tweed from Magee for a SB notch top coat or a 710/760g navy wool from Dugdale for a DB ulster/flat peak overcoat

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads