• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura

Guero

Reaction score
Parker, those all look really great. There aren't many things that make me regret living in fly-over country, but this is one of them. Question: Is the 1/4 lined coat your preference or Mina's? I'm interested in the thought process behind it.

MORNINGSTAR777

Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to my fitting in October. Question for those who have gone through the process. Dino has told me I should print out my receipt and send it to them. Should I expect to receive my receipt shortly before their next visit? Also, how long after my fitting should it take to have my completed piece?

Last edited:

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I'm really looking forward to my fitting in October. Question for those who have gone through the process. Dino has told me I should print out my receipt and send it to them. Should I expect to receive my receipt shortly before their next visit? Also, how long after my fitting should it take to have my completed piece?

I'm lost on your reciept question.

As to how long until it is completed, probably it will be ready in two more visits (assuming this is your first fitting) after this one, but keep in mind that she does not come in December, unless she is changing her plans this year.

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Quote:
Parker, those all look really great. There aren't many things that make me regret living in fly-over country, but this is one of them. Question: Is the 1/4 lined coat your preference or Mina's? I'm interested in the thought process behind it.

Thanks, Guero. Mina makes everything 1/4 lined like that. I thought it would be odd for winter fabrics, but I've gotten used to it. It sort of goes with the light canvas and soft construction. I think you can ask for full lining if you want, but you'd miss all the tasty finished seam edges on the inside. Don't know the reason behind doing it this way, but it's just what Mina prefers.

p.s. You can always fly to NY or SF.
wink.gif

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any of you guys ever have a vested suit made by Mina? I was thinking of getting my first. I understand some on SF are of the opinion that vests don't go with Italian suits but her jackets fit me really well and I figured I'd see if anyone had any first-hand experience. I was thinking single-breasted vest without lapels and side adjusters for the pants (I usually get my suits with belt loops but would ditch tge belt due to the vest.)

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any of you guys ever have a vested suit made by Mina? I was thinking of getting my first. I understand some on SF are of the opinion that vests don't go with Italian suits but her jackets fit me really well and I figured I'd see if anyone had any first-hand experience. I was thinking single-breasted vest without lapels and side adjusters for the pants (I usually get my suits with belt loops but would ditch tge belt due to the vest.)

I'm pretty sure the OP has comissioned several three piece suits consistent with what you're looking for and has posted pictures of them in this thread.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a navy jacket I picked up from Mina on her last visit to San Francisco. It is a fall-early spring weight cashmere wool blend herringbone. (Or summer weight as they say in San Francisco :))

The direct summer sunlight combined with my lack of photographic skills doesn't provide accurate color but you can at least see the detail.

This is the closest to the actual color.

Inside lower pocket detail

I'll post a fit pic one of these days when I get some nice indirect sunlight.

medtech_expat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mina will be back in New York October 1-3. And Boston October 4 and 5.

Immaculate as usual, gents - love the fabric choices. :slayer:
Any of you guys ever have a vested suit made by Mina?
Mina has made alterations to my vests, which now are now anchored to the base of my neck and are a pleasure to wear - unfortunately, it's too warm to post updated fit pics. I do like them enough that one of my Harrisons worsted flannels will be a 3-piece. On occasion, I grab one of them to use as an odd vest with (gasp!) jeans. :embar:

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wowza, Parker, MedTech, PSGuy...your begining to make me wonder weather Mina makes trips to London, those suits and SportsCoats look wonderful!
Maybe I should take a trip to Naples, in about 7 or 8 years when I have enough spare cash!
-TTO

Last edited:

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to know where one can find Mina's schedule?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads