• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My girlfriend wants a full length mirror to hang on her bathroom door.

rossoz

Reaction score
Is there anything special I should look for? Any recommendations?

Thanks,

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
She wants the mirror on the inside or outside of the door?
If inside, I would like to see suggestions too because my concern would be about mold growth between mirror and door if placed on the inside facing into the bathroom.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Weight is your only big concern. A big mirror (big enough to cover the whole door) will be pretty heavy.

There are gazillions of mirrors out there designed for this purpose - Target, etc. etc.

If you don't want it to be so visible you can consider inside a closet door. (All entry hall coat closets should have one on the inside of the door, IMO.)

Roger Everett

Reaction score
I can think of 2 things to consider.
1 -Is it a solid or hollow core -- this makes a difference in what type of fastner you use, and if it's heavy , does the door have 3 hinges instead of 2
2- Is this her house or an apartment -- management might not like it

And of course like mentioned or need to get permission -- ot on the inside ( fog, mold )

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on some of the posts in recent threads from the Board's self-labelled Alpha males, I think the consensus advice will be to dump her for being high maintenance.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Based on some of the posts in recent threads from the Board's self-labelled Alpha males, I think the consensus advice will be to dump her for being high maintenance.

The first part of being alpha is thinking alpha. Location also helps.

rossoz

Reaction score
New Shoes1,

That is too funny! She is anything but high maintenance. I am very lucky in that regard.

To others, thanks for the ideas. All of them will be considered.

I love this site!

Larry

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I can only imagine what type of research the op does when faced with an actual decision.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
Haha nah, it was more a dig at myself for my "location."

No worries, I'm always game to be taken down a peg. :D

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

McPryon

Reaction score
Sounds like you should start your research by doing a google search for "girlfriend bathroom mirror."

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads