• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Allen Edmonds shoes have stretched as they've broken in

viator

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a pair of Allen Edmonds Burbank bit loafers that I got in July and have been wearing about 2-3 times per week since then. Lately I've noticed that they fit looser and looser - it seems they are stretching and my heel now moves somewhat freely in them. When walking I don't slip out of them, but there is definitely more room than there should be.

Is there anything that can be done about this? I purchased them from an AE shop (I know, I overpaid) and I wonder if they would do something for me. Does anyone know? If they won't, is there anything I or a skilled cobbler can do?

Drydis Greis

Reaction score
Go back to the shop and talk to the Reps. See what can be done. As I have never had this problem, that's the best I can do for you. Hopefully, someone with a similar experience can help further.

viator

Reaction score
OK great, thanks very much. I will go talk to the shop, otherwise I will go for tongue pads.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by viator
OK great, thanks very much. I will go talk to the shop, otherwise I will go for tongue pads.

Also possible to use an insole, or thicker socks.

Chim12

Reaction score
Tongue pads and maybe even a heel pad as well depending on how much stretching. There really shouldn't have been much a all. Was this the first pair of AEs, or is this the same size you've been wearing in this make?

InsBrokerTX

Reaction score
I too have had this problem with my AE Codys. I am looking for tongue pads and just haven't located them locally yet. The heal pads I tried really didn't do much good on their own.

It is also time for me to send them in for recrafting. I am going to ask them if there is anything they can do to help eleviate some of the problem.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to the shoe department at Nordstroms. They will happily give you a pair of tongue pads, or handful for free.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hapad Inc. says dark brown tongue cushions that are more substantial and less conspicuous than the freebie white ones I can get at a local shoe store. link

viator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chim12
Tongue pads and maybe even a heel pad as well depending on how much stretching. There really shouldn't have been much a all. Was this the first pair of AEs, or is this the same size you've been wearing in this make?

It's my first pair. The salesperson said that they should be a bit snug when you buy them because they will stretch. Unfortunately they seem to have stretched way too much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads