• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Museum Calf Appreciation Thread

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New museum calf from Vass

rexet

Reaction score
My latest purchase : John Lobb Becketts Dark Brown Museum Calf... even if the museum is not that obvious on the photo :)

rexet

Reaction score
Well actually they are brand new, I did nothing :) !
They have been sold to me as "Dark Brown Museum Calf" but to my eyes it is more a Misty Calf since the mottling effect is way more subtle that any other JLs museum I have seen.

Torsion

Reaction score

Inspired by the first post on this thread by @wurger and also the quality of workmanship offered by Vass, I initiated this MTO in brown museum calf (amongst a few others!) Incoming delivery, can't wait to start wearing these!

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is the completion time for MTO in brown museum from Vass? @Torsion

Last edited:

Torsion

Reaction score
This took the same amount of time as their standard calf. Based on availability its typically 6-8 weeks.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

I got the e-mail from Vass with the Museum leather they currently have. They stock the dark brown you posted, and another, more open shade of brown - New Gold Museum .. They informed me on everything in the e-mail except the completion date ..

Their prices are pretty reasonable compared to John Lobb. You can have the shoe in same leather for 50% of the JL price. So, I am going for it.

Torsion

Reaction score
Mr Kuti is an absolute pleasure to deal with,if you've not owned any Vass before you will not be disappointed!Good luck with the order,look forward to seeing it :)

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Excellent idea wurger!  I hope you get lots of responses covering all the varied types.  Here's my contribution from Vass (Ilcea) Museum Gold:

orig.jpg
orig.jpg
orig.jpg

Stitch on welt not match wheeling marks on welt.
Stitch on welt all crooked.
Man stitch it very poor.
Top of welt color not match shoe.
New maker?
Why Vass let it pass inspection? :puzzled:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads